|Job Ref:||204570366||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:05|
Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer|
A large technology company is currently recruiting for Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineers on a permanent basis to work in their Maintenance Team at a site based in either Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire or North East London.
This opportunity will involve providing maintenance on all site plant equipment (corrective and preventive), whilst deploying problem solving skills and Lean techniques.
The ideal candidate will be based local to either Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire or North East London and will be customer and performance focused.
This is a fantastic opportunity with an excellent benefits package and competitive salary.
* To provide a multi skilled maintenance service covering both mechanical, electrical and Instrumentation skills.
* Liaise with the engineering team leader to agree work priorities, including both reactive and planned maintenance activities to ensure that customers and stakeholders are supported in their operational needs.
* Carry out Plant Modification work to help enhance both plant safety and efficiency.
* Support the projects teams at initial design stages to offer advice on the correct selection of plant and equipment to ensure improved levels of future plant reliability and maintainability.
* Contribute towards the development of PPM plans for site equipment.
* Support LEAN implementation in the department to deliver metal and cost improvements in accordance with Manufacturing Excellence requirements.
* Support the shift to improve the use of a LEAN toolbox, starting with 5S and tools such as Root Cause Problem Solving and Standard Work.
Qualifications & Experience
* Minimum 2 years experience in chemical maintenance, or similar process industry.
* Hold recognised mechanical qualification C&G / B tech / ONC / HNC.
* Completion of engineering apprenticeship.
* Exposure to a LEAN approach to manufacturing.
* Experience of working with performance metrics to drive continuous improvement.
* Experience in a computerized maintenance management system is desirable.
For any further information on this opportunity, please contact Ben Hastings at Carbon60. (Apply online only)