|Job Ref:||204570340||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Salary:||£35000 - £39000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:39|
Senior Process Engineer and CNC Process Engineer vacancy.|
AD Engineering are currently working for an Automotive manufacturer based in the West Midlands to recruit a CNC Process Engineer and a Senior Process engineer.
The key functions of these roles is to increase company profitability and improve employee working conditions by studying, recommending and implementing changes to the manufacturing processes.
Main responsibilities will include:
* Support the management of change within the plant in order to provide continuous improvement.
* Develop and upgrade existing and new plant line equipment, layout and processes in order to maintain continuous improvement in efficiencies, by balancing the stations within the line (using time study), leading to cost saving and lean manufacturing
* Proactively work to solve equipment issues using effective skills and implement immediate containments, together with longer term innovative solutions.
* Produce, maintain, monitor and evaluate all plant related process systems and procedures. This is to ensure that evaluation, modifications and improvements can be made quickly and efficiently
* Maintain current and historical data on equipment efficiencies in order to aid in productivity and cost improvements.
* Utilise problem solving methods and technical skills to provide support to other internal departments and customer personnel, in resolving open issues within all areas of the business, in order to continuously improve quality, productivity and profitability.
* Ensure that company health, safety and environmental requirements are met at all times by following established guidelines i.e. housekeeping, plant regulations, method statements etc.
* Continually work as a team member to continually maintain and improve the team work philosophy within the business.
* To provide line balancing and process solutions resultant from manufacturing concerns
* To give support and solutions from product changes to help resolve manufacturing issues
* Liaise with all levels of internal personnel, including Maintenance, and Team Members in order to collect and evaluate information to analyse issues, then to communicate and implement any changes that may be required.
* Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
* Where applicable provide support and backup to the Bill of Material Analyst during periods of absence or vacation (All aspects of the role)
* Manufacture feasibility analysis (DFA/DFM) and PFMEA on new products
* Plant and process layout for production lines
* Write process specifications and make recommendations regarding ergonomic improvements
* Stimulate continuous improvement processes across all platforms
* Monitor assembly equipment through production start-up
* Monitor and audit manufacturing best practices and standards in the plant
* Make sure the business's operating procedures are implemented and make suggestions when improvements are necessary
* In addition to the above mentioned tasks other activities and responsibilities may be individually defined
* Any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy the customers' needs
* Good problem solving skills
* FMEA, SWI, Process Flow
* Understanding of Change Control
* Understanding and experience of processes, Lean Manufacturing methodologies, 5's, Poke Yoke systems
* Good problem solving skills
* Understanding of product engineering
* Understanding of CNC manufacturing.
* An understanding of Q1, TS16949, ISO 9000, ISO14001