|Job Ref:||204570321||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Orpington||Address:||Post Code:||BR6||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:38|
Are you a professional Sheet Metal Manager with experience overseeing managing a team and overseeing a department? You will be responsible for ensuring the department is compliant with production schedules, maintaining adequate supplies and completing sheet metal drawings whilst leading a team.|
Manage activities and supervise employees involved in the departmental operations which include Welding, CNC Laser cutting, CNC press break folding, CNC rolling, general sheet metal fabrication and paint shop. Assures the process, production requirements and product quality expectations and customer needs are met.
* Provides direction and leadership to the departmental team to achieve high quality, productivity and safety standards.
* Insures compliance to production schedules, process quality, efficiency standards, budget, inventory and data reporting.
* Facilitates employee hiring, training, development and performance evaluations. Administers corrective action as needed. Ensures training and education on specific tasks and company related functions.
* Responsible for maintaining adequate supply of departmental shop supplies and materials.
* Assures proper maintenance of equipment, tools and housekeeping.
* Completing sheet metal drawings using AutoCAD
* Dealing with any technical queries
* Following a Quality management system ISO9001
* Communicating with Directors and Management on a regular basis
Qualifications And Skills Needed:
* Sheet Metal Fabrication management experience coupled with a strong working knowledge of CNC machining and metal fabrication.
* Computer-literacy with extensive software proficiency covering a wide variety of applications, AutoCAD and computer planning systems knowledge