|Job Ref:||204569862||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London and South East||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:10|
Our client is a large multi-disciplined construction and property consultancy. |
They are currently looking for an Associate Mechanical Engineer to join their M&E Team
Duties will include:
• Take a leading role in the design team and manage an interdisciplinary M&E team on a wide range of commercial, residential and education projects from £1m - £300m.
• Manage projects to design low energy and renewable technology to meet with regulation and planning requirements.
• Work with the internal senior team to develop the M&E group resource and workloads.
• Take an active role in the management of the group to expand and develop new and existing business.
• Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
• Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
• Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
• Establish and agree clear responsibility as lead internal consultant for the project.
• When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
• Any other reasonable duties that may be relevant to this post.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Person Specification -
• Standards of Practice. You are expected to maintain a high level of professional and engineering standards and observe the legal requirements and professional guidelines of the relative professional bodies
• Professional Bodies. You are expected to be registered and maintain registration with the Engineering Council which will be reimbursed by our client
• Continuing education. The employee will be required to keep up-to-date with developments in Engineering through undertaking continuing professional development on a regular basis.
Essential Criteria -
• Management of a team
• Commercial awareness
• Residential and office (commercial) experience
• Hevacomp and IES software experience
Desirable Criteria -
• Chartered Engineer
MJ Recruitment Solutions regret that only applications matching the job criteria will be responded to