|Job Ref:||204569759||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:08|
Senior (Non-Rail) Civil Engineer - Birmingham|
My client provides building consultancy, construction, installation and process engineering to a wide range of clients across the UK and operate major contracts which can include principal contracting, large scale subcontracting and specialist services.
About the role:
- To lead and direct teams of civil engineers, graduates and technicians involved in producing engineering surveys, designs and studies for large Civil engineering infrastructure projects.
- Achieve the targets regarding the effective delivery of projects to current engineering and safety standards, within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Monitor team performance against project quality plans and take necessary corrective action.
- Lead teams formed to delivery projects, ensuring commitments are delivered.
- Lead projects on behalf of clients as directed.
- Assist in the development of staff to ensure the skills are available within the B&I team to meet business objectives.
- Supervise training and competency of engineers, graduates and technicians.
- Apply procedures and systems to ensure the safety of staff, and others, affected by the operations of TSP Steel Projects.
- Any other duties as required.
What you will need:
- Chartered Civil Engineer with relevant project experience.
- Experienced in design and delivery of large reinforced concrete structures, piled floor slabs, piles caps/ground beams and water retaining structures.
- Capable of delivery of design and drawings to program and within budget allocated