|Job Ref:||204569685||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Docklands||Address:||Post Code:||E14||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:38|
A fantastic opportunity to join a well established company based in Canary Wharf as a Loading Dock Manager. |
You will manage the day to day operation of all loading dock areas to ensure that all activities are carried out in an efficient, well disciplined and co-operative manner.
* Holding monthly meetings with the Loading Dock staff to update on changes to the operation, processes and procedures.
* Arranging for the delivery and collection of waste compactors/containers to ensure that an efficient service is maintained for the removal of waste from the buildings
* Ensuring that cleaning procedures in the vicinity of the waste compactor/containers are carried out to ensure that hygienic conditions are maintained and cleaning targets are met
* Liaising closely with the waste removal contract Account Manager to ensure accurate waste figures are produced on a weekly and monthly basis
* Ensuring that the loading dock/ truck tunnel/delivery areas are kept clean and tidy at all times
* Meeting set targets in relation to waste management and to ensure that all waste management procedures are adhered to
* Arranging and coordinating a rota for staff on a weekly basis
* Managing all staff training and refresher training as required for their role including all supervisors
* Arranging holiday and sickness cover, utilising staff from other Loading Docks where possible
In order to be successful for this role you must:
* Have a proven track record of managing a busy loading dock of a large commercial or retail site
* Be able to demonstrate excellent man management and leadership skills together with a proven motivational and supportive management record
* Possess Banks person-skills.
* Possess IT skills and be computer literate
If you feel that this is the right role for you, please apply immediately
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer