|Job Ref:||37327||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Environmental||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hemel Hempstead||Address:||Post Code:||HP2||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:03|
This Role has the responsibility for ensuring the Health and Safety of our Employees within the Workplace ensuring the Facility minimises its Environmental Impacts while maintaining full operational capability
Ensure compliance to appropriate Company Policy, Process and Legislation whilst embracing innovative practices to continually improve the reduction of risk to our employees and the prevention of pollution to the environment within which we work.
Key Task / Responsibilities
• Advise Management on the implementation of Corporate & national arrangements for Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) compliance and assist them in their implementation.
• Work with management to support the delivery of business targets and outcomes through the focussed and outcome targeted EHS plan, ensuring that EHS issues are represented in the development of products and business plans.
• Provide guidance, training and information to managers and employees on EH&S matters so as to assist them to maintain a safe, efficient and sustainable operation. Ensure that ongoing EH&S Foundation Training programmes are in place.
• Maintain and develop the EH&S Management Systems:
• Provide input to, and assist in the development of EH&S Policy and Procedure.
• Conduct regular reviews and keep all required records up-to date - incl' management of EH&S Committees.
• Organise the audit programme, conducting or manage audits, monitor improvement actions through to completion.
• Manage ground contamination issues and budget.
• Measure performance and initiate improvement actions.
• Maintain databases relative to substances used within the Facility.
• Manage the Risk Assessment programme.
• Assist the integration of the Management Systems.
• Ensure that the Management Systems certifications are maintained and audited to the required standard.
• Ensure that all emergency procedures are in place and tested regularly
• Advise on the design and selection of new equipment.
• Participate in the Due Diligence process for property transactions.
• Promote Goodrich as a good neighbour, Employer, Customer and Supplier
• Produce all statutory reports including reportable accidents, incidents and diseases, and reports as required by Goodrich, OHSA, HSE, Environment Agency etc.
• Manage investigation of all incidents and near misses, ensuring that the root cause is identified and that corrective actions are robust.
• Promote sharing of ideas and best practice across GPS PG and the wider Goodrich facilities.
• Ensure maintenance and good repair of facility at all times
• Able to demonstrate ability to work analytically and in a structured manner, both independently and as part of a multi-disciplined team and have good communication and interpersonal skills.
• To work with minimal supervision, taking responsibility for organising personal workloads.
• Be able to communicate with a variety of people within the organisation and be able to do so at their level of understanding.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with experience of working with both individual managers and management teams to improve their effectiveness, gain commitment from employees over a wide range of issues.
• Track record of commitment to Continual Improvement with a strong bias to action.
• IT Literate with minimum 'intermediate' skills in MS Office Suite - particular emphasis on Excel/Access packages.
• NEBOSH General Certificate
• NEBOSH Diploma desirable
Applications are sought from individuals who are educated to degree or professional qualification within an environmental and/or health and safety discipline or have completed a technical apprenticeship, multi-disciplined based with experience directly associated within EH&S applications.
From time to time the successful candidate may be required by the Company to perform additional tasks which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and, where necessary, training will be given