Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineer - New York, NY|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, a world-class multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm, is seeking a Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineer for our New York, NY office. We work closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
Our engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. We are currently looking for engineers who will be responsible for the systems design of commercial, institutional, healthcare, and laboratory projects.
• Development of initial Pluming and Fire Protection system concepts
• Design of Plumbing and Fire Protection systems
• Calculation of preliminary water, gas, sanitary/sewer and storm loads for utility coordination
• Develop project specifications
• Survey and evaluation of existing conditions
• Construction administration
• Assist with Project Management
• 3 - 5 years' experience designing plumbing and fire protection systems. (Project experience submitted for consideration should include buildings on which you have actively participated in the project from the design phase through the final construction close-out.)
• Strong working knowledge of building, plumbing, and fire codes.
• Knowledge of REVIT required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Special consideration will be given to those candidates who have successfully demonstrated innovative design experience specifically related to renewable energies and sustainable, high performing buildings.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.