WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA|
WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff is looking for exceptional candidates for the position of a Lead Structural Engineer - ASCE Grade V for our New York office. The successful candidate will work on a variety of structural engineering projects with a focus on bridges.
-This individual will act as Project Engineer on small to medium sized projects.
-Task Lead on large projects, and serve as a key technical and managerial resource.
-The ideal candidate will have broad-based, hands-on experience in structural engineering including design/build projects/programs, and the delivery of projects utilizing Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) tools.
-The candidate must have the ability to manage both internal staff along with clients & subconsultants and execute projects as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Leading project teams through conceptual through final analysis and design of steel and concrete bridge and underground structures (vehicular and rail) of various types and configurations with an emphasis on complex structures/projects.
• Leading project teams in the proposal through construction of design/build procurement projects for bridge and underground structures (vehicular and rail)
• Conceptual through final analysis and design for the rehabilitation of existing bridges and other transportation related structural systems.
• Analysis and load rating of existing bridges (vehicular and rail) and structural systems
• Structural Inspection of bridges and transportation structures (vehicular, rail and transit facilities), and the identification and prioritization of repairs.
• Preparation of final drawings, technical specifications, construction cost estimates and construction schedules for new and rehabilitation of existing bridges and other transportation or facilities related structural systems.
• Review of construction phase submittals
• Preparation and review of technical reports
• Preparation of technical and cost proposals along with presentations for pursuits
• Quality Control & Assurance reviews of contract bid documents and calculations
• Staff mentoring, training and performance reviews
• Project Management/Structural Task Management of small to medium sized transportation projects including technical, budget and schedule responsibilities and oversight
The successful candidate will work on projects for a variety of clients including New York and/or New Jersey Department of Transportation, Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, MTA Bridges and Tunnels, Metro North Railroad, Long Island Railroad, New York City Department of Transportation, Amtrak, and other transportation agencies and commercial clients. Projects may include local, regional, national and international locations. The successful candidate will be based in the New York, New York office with infrequent travel expected.
EOE - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
• BS degree in Civil Engineering
• Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in structural engineering
• Professional Engineer license in the states of New York and New Jersey (or the ability to obtain within 6 months)
• A Masters Degree and extensive participation in Professional Societies/Associations is preferred
• Good communication skills, both written and oral, in English are essential
• Experience should include the Project Engineer or Task Manger role in multi-discipline projects, including responsibility and control for technical quality, budget and schedule.
• Hands-on experience with structural analysis software including GTSTRUDL, LARSA, SAP2000, and MIDAS are desirable. Experience in the delivery of projects utilizing VDC tools including REVIT are preferred.
• Design experience with NYS& NJDOT, PANYNJ, MTAB&T, MNR, LIRR, NYCDOT, NYCTA and other local client projects is a plus.
• Candidates should have experience in conceptual, preliminary and final PS&E preparation.
• Strong technical overall and a desire to work on challenging projects along with assisting in development and growth of structural group are necessary.
• Bridge inspection experience is also a plus.
• Candidate must be able to work in the United States on a full-time permanent basis immediately.