|Job Ref:||EMP374157||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||St Fergus Gas Plant||Address:||Salary:||£350 - £400/day||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:32|
Our client is a UK gas and oil transmission engineering specialist. They provide mechanical and civil engineering solutions to the gas services sector. They are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join their team working on asset maintenance and refurbishment projects at the St Fergus gas terminal in Peterhead, Scotland. |
Candidates must have demonstrable experience of working on National Grid gas projects.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for managing, directing and implementing the project team throughout the tendering, construction and installation phases of the projects. Alongside this you will be in charge of ensuring the health, safety, environmental and quality matters are managed in accordance with all current legislation.
The successful candidate will have a strong track record working within the gas sector preferably with prior National Grid experience. Candidates must be able to demonstrate significant Project Management experience in terms of dealing with the technical construction and installation aspects of work as well as being commercially aware and able to manage tendering, programming and financial activities.
The successful candidate will:
• Organize and coordinate construction activities in accordance with construction schedules, constantly monitoring the status of planning, safety, environmental and quality activities.
• Provide technical, commercial and functional direction related to all aspects of the project execution.
• Administer and implement the Project Execution Plan.
• Ensure all necessary statutory approvals and permits are in place.
• Control expenditure and revenue to maximize profitability.
• Prepare and negotiate claims and variations with the Client in conjunction with the commercial team.
• Submit financial reports, job progress reports and other site performance information as requested by the Company and the Client.
• Select and manage subcontractors.
• Maintain effective relations with the Client.