|Job Ref:||R0011417||Employer:||Thales Group||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Crawley||Address:||Post Code:||RH10||Post Date:||20/10/2016 22:01|
Procurement Supplier Development Engineer|
Supporting the Procurement Function to develop our Engineering Suppliers
Thales technology makes it possible for two thirds of planes to take off and land safely. Thales also protects 80% of the world’s payment card transactions and is Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics. Beyond that our people have made London’s Jubilee and Northern Lines 20% more efficient and have delivered more than 300 air defence radars in 26 countries. We’re a leading name in our markets and a diverse, constantly evolving organisation. Join us.
To help achieve our ambition we are currently looking to recruit experienced Supplier Development specialists to join our UK Supplier Development Team Working from our Crawley office and travelling out to Supplier sites this is an excellent opportunity to support a Procurement function that is at the heart of transforming our business and is recognised for helping to drive innovation across a number of markets including; Space, Transportation, E-Security, Defence and Aviation.
Our supply chain is a crucial and fundamental aspect of our business and has a significant influence on products, delivery performance and competitiveness, therefore we are constantly looking to improve its level of performance and conformance across our business portfolio.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Supplier Development Engineer will:
• Work with our key suppliers to help improve their performance, competitiveness and capabilities.
• Drive a step change in supplier capability through the utilisation of continuous improvement techniques, structured interventions, risk mitigation and other action plans.
• Act as a conduit to improve the overall interface between Thales and the Supplier, using lessons learned for the continuous improvement of both parties.
• Identify opportunities for innovation sharing, co-design/development utilising the relevant capabilities of both parties for mutual benefit.
Supplier Performance Improvement
• Drive the continuous Improvement of new and existing suppliers
• Delete this line : Support the activities and processes undertaken by Procurement and the Supplier Quality Assurance teams to approve or re approve suppliers for use.
• Provision of support to NPI and Development programs, including technical benchmarking, capability assessments, compliance reviews and risk assessment of potential sources of supply.
• Support Design for Manufacture activities between Thales and its Suppliers to optimise the end to end supply chain
Co-Design and Innovation
• Increase the reliability of the supply base consistent with the promotion of technical innovation and lowest total cost for both new and existing products.
• Work with multiple stakeholders to support assessment of the capability of the proposed end to end supply chain to meet the requirement
• To work with the supply base to develop / propose changes to the design or process to improve capability, quality and competitiveness
• Identify opportunities for co-design, co-engineering, co-development or broader innovation sharing between Thales and its Suppliers.
Joint Process Improvement
• Develop and execute plans to eliminate the need for non-value add activities (e.g. the Seven Wastes) in both Thales and Supplier processes, consistent with improving the quality and reliability of procured items
• Contribute to and drive the on-going development and improvement of SD related procedures and processes.
• Deploy techniques including Six Sigma, DMAIC or Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) to identify and evaluate the potential failures of process, prioritize actions to alleviate risk in both Thales and Supplier activities.
• Specific Improvement and Change Projects
• Work with internal stakeholders to develop schedules of specific tasks, perform in accordance with these agreed schedules by establishing key milestones are proactively manage the task.
• You will furthermore be expected to make decisions to support the dimensions of the role identified above as well as be expected to be able to support and justify decisions made to senior members of the management team as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Demonstrable history of leading significant performance improvement projects preferably in Defence, Aerospace, Security and Transport sectors.
• Delete this line Leading Supplier Audits to ISO standard
• Delete this line Understanding and knowledge of Quality Management principles
• Significant supply chain engineering experience within a low to medium volume environment, light mechanical / electro-mechanical production environment or other relevant sectors.
• Excellent awareness and use of continuous improvement techniques and implementation of LEAN manufacturing.
• Experience of operational management, manufacturing and ERP systems, including routings, BOM`s, Concessions, Change Requests etc;
• Delete this line Broad process knowledge including machining, assembly (both mechanical and electronic) and test;
• The job holder is also expected to have the ability to communicate clearly and freely as well as to have the ability to produce high standard documentation for project and external use.
• Working in ISO9001/AS9100 environments
To Apply please click on the apply button