|Job Ref:||R0011330||Employer:||Thales Group||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||14/10/2016 22:02|
Project Controls Lead|
Canary Wharf, London
The technology and systems expertise offered by Thales’s Transportation team powers safe, reliable and efficient services to rail networks the world over. In the UK, we deliver advanced signalling, supervision and control, integrated communications, security and information systems for urban rail, mainline rail and road networks. As we continue to grow our business, we need the best talent to join us and deliver world class solutions.
Following THALES’ successful partnership with London Underground (LUL), modernising London’s underground signalling infrastructure on the Jubilee and Northern upgrade project (JNUP), we have secured the £760million 4 Lines Modernisation Programme (4LM).
THALES is delivering an Automatic Train Control (ATC) system for four of London Underground’s Sub Surface Rail (SSR) lines: District, Circle, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City. The programme has a five year duration and is a comprehensive solution including management, design, development, manufacturing, supply, delivery, construction, installation, integration, testing, commissioning and migration.
THALES UK are working in collaboration with the client and our colleagues in Canada and India to deliver this project.
We are currently recruiting for a Project Controls Lead to drive delivery of project controls across project teams on behalf of the Project Controls Manager. The role will involve hands on input, working with project managers and leading a PMO team.
We are looking for an ambitious individual wishing to develop within a challenging, yet highly rewarding project environment. This is a full time, permanent position based in our client’s Westferry offices, Canary Wharf.
Duties & Responsibilities
Lead a PMO team comprising of Planning and Project Control specialists in order to:
- Lead the Project’s periodic reporting cycle for area of responsibility coordinating all stakeholder inputs to ensure that all Project Controls deliverables are accurate, available in sufficient time for review and action and approved for release.
- Provide support to the Project Management Office (PMO), Control Account Managers and Work Package Managers to ensure that appropriate and objective measures of performance are maintained and in their analysis of the EVM performance data, identification of corrective actions and variance narratives.
- Support the development of the Project Team coaching on Earned Value, its practical application and broader Project Controls disciplines.
- Support the Project Team in the preparation and embodiment of Changes to the Project baseline and maintenance of Work Authorisations.
- Preparation of materials and support to Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) and Surveillance Reviews including training CAMs and supporting personnel
- Support the Project Controls Manager in the assurance of governance to ensure 4LM processes comply with the requirements of Thales Chorus processes.
- Support the professional development of the members of the Planning and Project Controls team through on the job coaching and training and development.
- Continuous improvement and translation of periodic lessons learned into process improvements
Skills & Attributes
- Experience in Project Controls, ideally within the rail industry
- Full business lifecycle management, including capture, qualification and developing capture plans and winning strategies
- Extensive client and stakeholder management
- A positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
- An ability to embrace and encourage change
- Experience of working across boundaries, including knowledge of commercial management, best practice supply chain and finance functions.
- Proven Leader within a matrix style organisation
- Customer-focused balanced with recognising the need for governance
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise
- Excellent communicator
- Strong planning and delivery orientation
- Commercial / financial / business acumen
- Willingness to work in a collaborative working environment
- In depth knowledge of a range of transportation solutions
To play a key role in driving the success of a worldwide organisation click the apply button now.