A world of opportunity awaits you
Fire Alarm and Life Safety Installer
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we’ve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we’re always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it’s vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
About the role:
- Install, program, configure, commission and service Fire Alarm and Fire Suppression Systems including but not limited to; Simplex, Inergen, Sapphire, FM-200, and CO2 as well as other related building system products at customer sites.
- Help to execute projects on time and within allocated installation hours.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Read and interpret complicated blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
- Coordinate the installation activities with all trades to optimize installation time.
- Attend all required site meeting.
- Exhibit excellent customer service skills by consistently communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Complete project documentation in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all OSHA and SimplexGrinnell safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who we’re looking for:
- 1 year of documented experience in either/or high/low voltage electrical systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse Call, and Paging systems.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Experience with hand tools test equipment, multi-meter usage, digital analyzer and commissioning devices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to work well with team members and willingness to follow instructions.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- Achieve NICET Level I certification within 12 months.
- Completion of SimplexGrinnell Basic Fire Alarm training within 12 months.
Tyco’s mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
- 80% of the world’s top 200 retailers
- More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
- 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
- 300 international airports
- 100 major stadiums around the world
- Most of the Fortune 500
- 50% of US universities
- Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
Rewards and benefits:
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.