|Job Ref:||202504616||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 13:57|
Our client is an award winning multi-discipline consultancy delivering projects worldwide.|
Due to recent growth we currently require a Resident Engineer to predominately work on site.
You will be required to visit their London based office occasionally as part of progress and update meetings.
But you will be mainly utilised on site.
Duties will include but not be limited to;
• Review the contract documents to gain an understanding of the schemes
• Review and comment on the Contractor & Sub-Contractors' Technical
• Review and comment on Contractor and Sub-Contractors' Method Statements for
on-site, off-site testing of plant and equipment.
• Review and comment on the Contractor and Sub-Contractors' Method Statements
for onsite testing.
• Review and comment on benchmarks and mock-up
• Attend off-site testing
• Attend Project meetings
• Compile a monthly report
• Inspect works and issue snag sheets on completed works on project system.
• Inspect and Issue reports covering installation quality on.
• Re-inspect the works and review to ensure all defects are cleared.
• Sign acceptance / closure notices of inspected / offered works on behalf of Client.
• Monitor and report on the progress of the Contractor and Sub-Contractors'
• Assist in the compilation of the monthly valuations
• Witness the onsite testing and commissioning of the mechanical systems. Assist
with electrical, public health, fire protection, IT/Telecommunications and metering
• Relevant experience of on-site Mechanical Resident Engineer duties
• A track record of having worked on a variety of Building Services designs covering
for example, Retail and Commercial Office projects.
• Familiarity with UK industry standards and working practises and up-to-date
experience of current construction methods and materials/equipment
• Experience and knowledge of procedures for Site Inspections / off-Site Inspections /
Factory Testing / Snagging / Witnessing of Testing & Commissioning.
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English. Familiar with and
competent in standard IT word-processing, spreadsheets and Extranet document
• A highly self-motivated individual, capable of working independently on site.
• Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way. Able
to work in a Team in a positive, constructive manner
• Previous worked for an Engineering Consultancy in similar role, this is preferred
but by no means essential.
If you are interested with the above role please contact Stephen Tiigah - (Apply online only)