|Job Ref:||204425837||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum Car, Bonus, Pension etc||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:41|
We are looking to recruit a residential Quantity Surveyor for a market leading developer to be based out of Milton Keynes.|
Our client is listed within the Top 10 UK Residential Developers and looking to build over 10,000 houses in the forthcoming financial year.
With a growing but well established Commercial Team in place you will flourish within this role and have the support of Senior Surveyors and Managers whilst also being supported on projects by Junior and Graduates.
* Create schedules and Bills of Quantities from drawings and specifications
* Negotiate and place subcontract orders on a competitive tender basis
* Ensure Health and Safety vetting is carried out and relevant documents are obtained and passed to the site teams.
* Calculate the prime costs and compile budgets for developments, reporting any movements in the costs since the preparation of the land purchase exercise. Prime costs to include but not restricted to dwelling structures, siteworks, infrastructure and fees.
* Assist in monthly WIP and cashflow forecasting
* Liaise with site managers and manage day work claims and orders.
* Be aware of all codes of practice and industry standards e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
* Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs, which relate to shared cost items with either other businesses within the Group or external Companies.
* Any other duties as required by the Commercial manager / Commercial Director.
* Good knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements.
* Industry related qualification.
* Managing internal and external clients
* IT literate
* Be Planned and Organised
* Make Informed Decisions
* Continuously Improve Performance