|Job Ref:||160002X6||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||North Carolina||City:||Rocky Mount||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:05|
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs. |
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Typical Duties and Tasks:
• Supports human resources activities within a site, organizational unit, or department.
• Responsible for the deployment and effectiveness of a broad range of defined Human Resources processes within the business or functional organization. Partners with managers and employees to resolve issues and concerns.
• Compiles and analyzes human resources process metrics, analyzes results and recommends improvements.
• Assists in resolution of conflicts and provides coaching and counseling on employment matters; conducts and documents investigations.
• Participates in performance management activities including employee development planning.
• Provides staffing and recruiting support; conducts work force data analysis.
• Facilitates compensation process and benefits administration by partnering with shared services and corporate human resources; develops and implements workforce compensation recommendations.
• Assists in managing administration of and adherence to human resources policies and procedures; advises on compliance with key legislative requirements.
• Coordinates training needs assessment and participates in training activities and special projects.
• Creates employment contracts as required by local law or practice.
• Ensures accuracy and completeness of workforce information in human resource information systems.
• Labor and Employee Relations - Understands the impact of employee relations on employee effectiveness. Able to implement programs and tools that influence a positive organizational culture.
• Communication - Is able to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means.
• Benefits Design and Administration - Experience and general knowledge of various benefit programs. A resource for employee questions regarding benefit programs.
• Compensation Administration - Possesses a basic knowledge of pay systems, merit pay structure, and variable pay compensation structures.
• Conducting an Investigation - Experience in professionally conducting investigatory interviews, documenting the process, findings and conclusions, analyzing and interpreting data and making recommendations for a solution.
• Employment Law - Has a good understanding of employment laws that frequently impact the workplace. Has experience making appropriate decisions in consultation with an expert in the field.
• Human Resources Data Management - Understands Human Resources information requirements. Able to perform data quality reviews and take corrective actions to ensure data completeness and accuracy. Has a full understanding of information confidentiality requirements.
• Performance Management - Has a good understanding of organizational values and goals, translates them into performance standards and applies and leads others through this process.
• Labor Law - Possesses a good understanding of laws and practices affecting the relationship between labor and management.
• Staffing - Has a solid understanding of existing selection tools and effectively demonstrates the use of these tools in the staffing process.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• College, university, or equivalent degree in Human Resources, Business or related field required.
• 1 - 3 years' experience providing HR Generalist support in a manufacturing environment
This position is 1 of 3 Generalists at RMEP. This position is Line HR support for the Machining area of the plant and is also responsible for summer internships and the Technician Performance Management System (TPMS - hourly performance management). Active involvement in Ethics Investigations and New Employee Orientation.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .