|Job Ref:||204570747||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:49|
Senior Estimator |
My client is one of the UK's leading Contractors with multiple offices spread across the UK and Europe. They are looking to bring on board both a Senior Estimator & Estimator to help strengthen and grow their current Estimating team.
Together with their partners and clients, they deliver award-winning construction, development and regeneration projects to the most exacting standards across public and commercial private sectors. From mixed-used commercial developments and schools to luxury apartments and signature public buildings, we develop and build innovative and sustainable projects, backed by intelligent management throughout the entire life-cycle of each project.
To be able to work under own direction, with minimal supervision within a Bid Team environment whilst maintaining Group Estimating procedures and philosophy.
• To ensure safe delivery of the tender on date of submission.
• To confidently present the estimate at the Finalisation Meeting supported by a fully priced net cost build up with a full knowledge and understanding of the project in the form of a fully completed Tender Quality Plan.
• To liaise with other members of the bid team as appropriate to ensure that all aspects of the tender documentation are fully understood and adequately responded to, advising all members of the team on cost, build ability and programme where appropriate.
• To have a good working knowledge of the local market, and comply with and promote the Core Supply Chain philosophy in the preparation of the tender enquiry list with the Bid Team.
• To ensure that the finalised estimate is properly signed off in accordance with the QA Procedures, and completion of the form of tender for signature by the Managing Director.
• To maintain regular contact with clients and consultant teams and to act at all times in accordance with the Company`s values as an ambassador and advisor, ensuring that working relationships with internal and external customers are consistent with the highest standards.
• To receive, acknowledge and check tender documentation and (along with other members of the Bid Team) raise queries relating to the tender documentation.
• To evaluate the tender information and prepare tender action plan and contribute to Bid Strategy (along with other members of the Bid Team).
• To attend any meetings with the Professional or Design teams both during and post tender.
• To evaluate and compare quotations received, and compile the price in a thorough, logical and consistent manner.
• Prepare full priced build-ups for Internal priced elements of work to assist in supplier and subcontractor selection and to ensure competitiveness
To have a good working knowledge of the local market, and comply with and promote the Core Supply Chain philosophy in the preparation of the tender enquiry list with the Bid Team.
To have a challenging mind-set with particular regards to new technologies, alternatives or Value Engineering in order to obtain competitive advantage. Knowledge of Commercial Computerised Estimating Software systems Good level of knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Please send you CV in first instance to Bianca or call on (Apply online only)