|Job Ref:||204572089||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:41|
Health and Safety Manager Reinforced Concrete Frame|
Our Client is one of the largest and most successful reinforced concrete frame contractors in the UK, providing a concrete structures and groundworks service to the built environment on landmark projects. Based just outside London the company currently turnovers in excess of £100M with contracts ranging in value from £10M to £30M. The Client base is established with Mace, Lend Lease, Carillion, Skanska, Berkeley Group. Relationships with all of these businesses are excellent. They are looking for a Health and Safety Manager on a £30M project in central London.
To succeed in this role you will be expected to carry out the following roles and responsibilities with a comfortable level of autonomy:
* Work with the H&S Managers and Director to to-coordinate the health, safety, & environmental process for the company, ensuring all relevant areas of the business achieve minimum agreed levels of compliance.
* Ensure all accidents are fully investigated reported to the Health and Safety Executive.
* Monitor compliance with the company's H&S policy, organisation and arrangements and hold regular meetings with senior managers to discuss improvements to safety procedures.
* Provide advice and guidance on health and safety matters.
* Production of statistical information in relation to SQE performance.
* Maintain up to date knowledge of new or revised legislation and other practical aspects of SQE management.
* Maintain an up to date knowledge of legislation and codes of practice applicable to the company's business.
* Review all Risk Assessments and High Risk activities, ensuring adequate control measures are in place.
* Carry out health and safety audits.
* Promote via the management team, supervisors and HR, the requirement for employees to be informed of their responsibilities and receive adequate training in safety, quality and environmental matters.
* Review Accident Investigation forms to ensure remedial action and control measures undertaken.
* NEBOSH Certificate.
* Previous experience of working for a concrete frame contractor on a large project for a blue chip client.
* Longevity in the workplace.
I have worked closely with this client for many years and highly recommend them as an outstanding company to work for. They are renowned for looking after their staff, providing them with strong career progression opportunities through their extensive commitment to training and development.
This is an excellent opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced professional to play a leading role in the on-going development of the Company. Call us now for an interview on (Apply online only) ask for John Ashcroft or send your CV along with a covering letter
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit (url removed)