|Job Ref:||204570986||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Grimsby||Address:||Post Code:||DN34||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum plus company benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:46|
The Project Manager has overall responsibility, authority and accountability for successful execution of the project, within the boundaries defined by the company's authority limits, or as delegated by the Senior Projects Manager. The Project Manager must manage the project and or contract/sub-contracts in a safe and productive manner, and achieve project completion on time and to maximise the commercial return to the company whilst maintaining good client relationships.|
• Management and control of all aspects of the project/contracts as assigned by the company.
• Planning of works to ensure maximum efficiency and protection of the commercial position.
• Maximise productivity by clear direction and control of the project team and all resources.
• Manage safety on the project, ensuring compliance with all legal and company procedures, and promoting positive and pro-active attitude to working safely at all levels.
• Manage safety and environmental implications of the project during engineering design.
• Working within the company's ISO 9001:2008 quality systems, ensuring all engineering and construction activities are supplied to meet the contract's requirements, including all appropriate contract specifications.
• Ensure all project and test documentation is correctly produced and securely filed, being submitted to the client within contract timescales.
• Compile and issue all necessary cost and schedule progress reports in line with company procedures, and take action in a timely manner to correct any issues likely to result in poorer outturn figures.
• Maintain full awareness of the total commercial position of the project at all times, ensuring delay/disruption and variation issues are managed in an appropriate and timely manner thus the required profit margins are delivered. Advise Senior Projects Manager of any issues that may have a significant commercial impact on the project as soon as they become evident.
• Implement company procedures, or any other instructions given by the Senior Projects Manager, ensuring that all controls are in place.
• Ensure the contract is scheduled in accordance with both the contract and client's requirements; however protection of the commercial position takes precedence over any schedule issues.
• Manage construction supervision, engineering and labour force in such a manner that, the contract is completed to the clients satisfaction and target profit margin is met or exceeded.
• The Project Manager is responsible for the safe execution of all works and activities on the project, by both direct and sub-contract trades or staff. He/she must keep up to date with all current industry applicable safety legislation and company procedures. The Project Safety Plan must be compiled and followed, including audits and toolbox talks. All required safety returns/incident reporting, to both client and company, must be completed in a timely manner.
• He/she will ensure the cost and schedule progress is reported accurately on a weekly basis to the Senior Projects Manager.
• The Project Manager must ensure that the company's commercial position is not compromised at any time during execution of the works. Full adherence is required to all company statutory financial controls and procedures, and also any project specific procedures that may be required under the contract.
• Guiding the design development.
• Ensuring the correct production of detailed equipment and valve calculations.
• Generating and checking equipment datasheets.
• Development and approval of P&ID`s and PFD`s in accordance with quality procedures.
• You will be leading and managing a team of engineers (various disciplines).
• Ability to ask questions of subordinates.
• Managing own time, projects and costs.
• Selection of equipment and liaison with suppliers/sub-contractors.
• Reviewing/developing existing design techniques/procedures and investigation of new processes.
• Checking of others' engineering design work.
• Acting as the main Client liaison during the life of the project.
• Preparing engineering man-hour estimates.
• Financial responsibility for managing medium engineering projects with certain project values and managing engineering budget.
• Manage time to ensure adequate delivery of deliverables set by senior project manager / line manager.
• Prioritise workloads effectively and efficiently.
• Full compliance with all applicable procedures including;
COPS, CAPS, CHEPS, HR, Quality, Administrative, Operational, Engineering and Project
Preferred Person specification
• Relevant professional qualification i.e. University degree or equivalent in engineering (E)
• Chartered engineer (D)
• Significant process industry engineering experience (E)