|Job Ref:||204570996||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Guildford||Address:||Post Code:||GU1||Salary:||£51000 - £68000/annum excellent benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:46|
My client has a fantastic opportunity to work on a permanent basis at a prestigious site (Client Direct). The position will be a strategic lead on the development and management of the engineered estate; to plan, develop, deliver, and monitor appropriate and acceptable standards of service, in respect of mechanical and electrical services across the estate.|
This position will have overall responsibility for the current and future supply of quality electrical and mechanical services across the estate to meet the growing need.
Monday to Friday - 36 Hour Week
Pension Scheme - 26.5%
Ill health cover
40 Days Holiday (including Bank Holidays)
Access to on-site leisure facilities
Other Benefits Attached
1. To undertake long term strategic planning for major services infrastructure across the estate.
2. Ensure as a minimum standard compliance of electrical and mechanical plant, equipment, infrastructure supply systems, distribution and procedures with legislative, regulatory and health and safety requirements.
3. Provide expert advice and guidance to Project team(s) in the specification, design and delivery stages of building projects, taking an active role in ensuring standards and operational requirements are articulated, maintained and delivered and on-going maintenance issues are identified and addressed, supporting the wider E&F team in the transition from build to steady state operation of projects as well as providing on-going facilities support.
4. Provide specific advice within the area of technical expertise on a routine basis and provide professional mechanical and electrical support across the Division.
5. Establish and maintain E&F standard specifications for both new and existing installations and maintenance activities as appropriate.
6. Act as the authority for the development, monitoring and updating of appropriate E&F technical standards and specifications.
7. Provide technical advice as part of an out of hours emergency response team working on a rota and manage and deliver appropriate responses, including duties under BCP and other planned escalations of serious service issues, taking immediate decisions, as required. The post holder will also lead on reviews of incidents, as required, identifying root causes and implementing improvements from lessons learnt.
- Chartered Engineer and Corporate member of either the Institute of Electrical Engineers or Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers
- Degree/postgraduate qualification, plus significant relevant managerial experience and leadership experience, or substantial experience and proven success in a strategically important specialist area.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of electrical and building services, their technologies and their impact on the work environment, including their characteristics and performance.
- Working knowledge of specialist areas such as high voltage switching, fire alarms, access control, CCTV, intruder alarms and IT networks
- Detailed knowledge of statutory safety and built environment legislation and how to ensure compliance acceptable to regulator
- Well-developed financial and budget management skills
- Fully IT literate with working knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite
- Good planning abilities and working knowledge of MS project and thorough knowledge of project management tools and techniques
- Capable of writing, articulating and presenting technical and financial reports including life cycles, costing, comprehensive financial analysis using discounted cash flow, with option appraisal and recommendations
- Good level of experience of working in and managing multi-disciplinary teams delivering large and complex capital and refurbishment projects.
- Current full driving licence
Please apply online or for further information please contact Tarik Bell-Ross on NA or NA
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy