|Job Ref:||204571010||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Central Belt||Address:||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:46|
Laboratory Equipment Support Engineer, Glasgow, Permanent, £DOE|
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading Life Sciences Organisation in Glasgow within the Validation department. Due to the nature of work conducted on site it is imperative that the successful candidate will have worked within a highly regulated environment, ideally within a laboratory.
The role will involve;
- Provide breakdown support for all equipment on site, determining root cause and implementing reliable and robust repairs to bring the equipment back into active service as quickly as possible.
- Participation in the scheduling of all calibration and maintenance work with availbable resource
- Ensure all business critical equipment, systems and instruments are accurately labelled to identification and relevant uses, compliance status, renewal date, etc.
- Liaise with operational departments to ensure equipment is maintained and calibrated with minimum disruption to operations and is available with agreed timelines
- Completing scheduled maintenance and calibration activities so that business critical equipment, instruments and systems will remain in use and fit-for-purpose within the valid period
- Ensuring appropriate records of maintenance and calibration activities are completed
- Ensure appropriate maintenance and calibration shedules are accurately maintained within the database
- Assist in the training and development of junior team members
- Provide input to CAPEX Process
In order to be considered you must;
- Have a minimum HND in a related technical subject; Engineering systems/mechatronics
- Have strong experience within a highly regulated environment
- Have experience with lab equipment
- Have knowledge of refrigeration and other temperature controlled units
- Be familiar with the creation of calibration and maintenance standards and practices
- Have excellent communication skills
If you would like to be considered for this role please apply directly