|Job Ref:||204571624||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£400 - £450/day||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:44|
Essential Skills: C#, BDD, Software Development
Duration: 12+ months
Sector: Public/Government Sector
* Own and support discrete areas of applications
* Independently build and support services using Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) methods to serve a variety of customer groups
* Build up a fit for purpose, robust automated test suite to support continuous integration and regression testing
* Be involved in the wider development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing experiences
* Contributing to the development and build of server side web applications
* Create and improve new and existing products and transactions across microservices
* Provide coaching to junior colleagues
* Seek collaboration and early feedback
* Deliver quality software which is easy to maintain and clean to operate
* Identify and report issues preventing delivery or development
* Effectively use version control systems in particular appropriate branching and merging techniques
* Work effectively as a member of their team; collaborating and communicating risks and issues.
* Actively share progress and knowledge
* Seek to learn from colleagues and the wider community
* Advanced level C# Development expertise.
* Previous experience of working in technical teams
* Proven experience of the principles of software engineering, programming and data management
* Experience of behaviour driven development, test driven development, unit testing and an appreciation of software quality engineering
* Previous commercial experience in software engineering
* Experience of agile development techniques
* Experience of communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
* Ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
* Good knowledge of Technology products and experience of working within Business and IT advantageous
* Good technical knowledge of Internet technologies and architecture
* Experience of working with multiple Operating Systems.
* Awareness of software lifecycles and quality management disciplines, for example agile software practices and test automation
* Ability to find and use the appropriate tool or technology for the given task.
If you are looking for a permanent position either apply online or if would like to find out about other IT/Public Sector opportunities please contact Katy Gregory on (url removed)
Referral Scheme - Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
Please visit our website (url removed)