|Job Ref:||204571935||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cwmbran||Address:||Post Code:||NP44||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:44|
Multi-Platform Database Administrator|
Newport - Commutable from Cwmbran, Cardiff, Bristol
Competitive Salary + Attractive Benefits package
Our client is a true market leader in digital security and media solutions who is well known for investment in technology and their quest for innovation. You will be working for a company who are striving to become the number one company in their field. Employing over 3000 people worldwide and with a Billion dollar turnover, this truly is one of Wales' most exciting and forward thinking companies.
You will be responsible for the administration of Oracle databases along with additional NoSQL platforms. Day to day duties will include trouble shooting and support, tuning and maintenance and will expose you to the latest in cloud based and deployment technologies.
If you are a DBA that has multiplatform experience with a desire to embrace new technologies then this is the role for you!
* Overseeing the install, configuration and administration of a variety of database platforms including Oracle.
* Perform support on a variety of projects including troubleshooting and monitoring.
* Work in collaboration with developers to ensure applications having the required backup and restoration processes in place.
* Ensure continuous delivery and deployment with a variety of tools e.g. Jenkins.
* Strong experience acting as a DBA on one or more of the following technologies - Oracle, MongoDB, Hadoop, Cassandra, Neo4j, NoSQL.
* Strong knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems - e.g. SQL, Stored Procedures, Tables etc.
* Experience with disaster recovery, continuous delivery and deployment - e.g. Jenkins, Puppet.
* Linux and Scripting experience - e.g. Shell, Perl and Python.
* Exposure to VMWare and Load balancing.
* Java Knowledge.
* Experience working with clustering technologies.
* Experience working with cloud technologies e.g. AWS.
Benefits Package Includes
* Competitive Salary
* Performance based bonus
* Twice annual salary reviews
* Private medical insurance,
* Stakeholder pension (9% employer contribution)
* Relocation assistance
* Childcare vouchers
* Flexible working hours (10-4 core with a 40 hour working week)
* 33 days holidays