|Job Ref:||204572990||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Middlesex||Address:||Post Code:||HA0||Salary:||£38000 - £42000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:47|
Spence Precision are currently recruiting for a Technical Manufacturing Engineer|
Salary £38,000 - £42,000 Per Annum, Plus Benefits
The Technical Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for devising the most efficient manufacturing process, by utilising the optimal sequence of operations and applying lean manufacturing and technical solutions to ensure that production projects are completed within set deadlines, on budget, and in line with all the relevant quality and safety standards and regulations.
In addition to appraising the production methods, analyzing logistics and manufacturing schedules, the job holder must also provide competitive estimates for machined components.
A comprehensive knowledge of the manufacturing process is essential, particularly within precision engineering and working experience of CNC machines. The job holder will also act as backup support to the Production Manager during vacation periods.
1. To accurately generate shop floor production documentation packages for manufactured parts and to communicate effectively with customers, suppliers and employees to ensure the necessary standard of production is achieved and changes to specifications are interpreted accurately and effectively managed.
2. Support the quotation function of the business i.e. assists in the preparation of manufacturing layouts and processes for new tenders. The job holder will estimate labour, equipment and material demands, using mathematical formulas to produce accurate technical specifications.
3. Provide technical support to the workshop and Inspection and assist in trouble shooting production issues.
4. Make recommendations to Production Manager for continuous improvement in the production process to maximise output, maintain quality and reduce costs.
5. To support management in the design and delivery of innovative manufacturing techniques and contribute to the delivery of operational excellence.
6. Follow up with other engineers to ensure all product and system requirements are followed from the initial product layout to the finished product.
7. Demonstrate innovative thinking and technical skills to improve efficiency and maintain cost effectiveness in the manufacturing process.
8. Adhere to Company Health and Safety requirements and follow Company rules and acceptable codes of conduct.
9. Produce work in a timely manner and adhere to time and attendance requirements.
1. Perform essential duties of Production Manager during vacation periods and/or other duties as required.
2. Provide technical support for office IT and Telecommunications systems, ensuring timely resolution of software issues related to MS Office, MRP software and IT hardware.
3. Support the Operations Director in sales initiatives through the provision of technical knowledge.
1. Keep up to date with current and developing trends in the manufacturing industry, at a national and international level.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• A minimum of 5 years CNC machining engineering/manufacturing experience, preferably in aerospace and defense industries
• Experience of estimating and producing quotes.
• Experience of working in a Precision Machining and Engineering Environment.
• Strong engineering ability with regard to drawings, manufacturing methods and timings.
• The ability to work to tight deadlines.
• A proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Good working knowledge of MRP systems, preferably Job Shop/Javelin.
• English Language - advanced level of oral English
• Knowledge and working experience of ISO:9001
• Experience of gear cutting would be an advantage
• BEng, Hons degree or equivalent
• Experience of Production Control Systems
• Solid computer skills & engineering software knowledge
• CNC manufacturing experience
• Estimating experience
• English Language - fluent - spoken and written
Spence Precision Consultancy Background...
Spence Precision Consultancy has a team of ex engineers, all have many years hands on experience, we decided to set up our own engineering recruitment consultancy, only specialising in what we know...(We only recruit for permanent positions).
We wouldn't waste your time, so will only call you or send you to interview if you're 100% suited to that vacancy. We have a formula which places candidates week in week out. We also have many contacts within the engineering world so are able to place you into companies most agencies can't
Spence Precision, are a dedicated Technical and Engineering Recruitment Consultancy. We are constantly looking for experienced CNC Machinists, CADCAM/EDM/CMM Engineers, Press Toolmakers/Designers, Universal/CNC Grinders, Sales/Manufacturing/Quality/Maintenance/Production Engineers.
Please feel free to contact us on (Apply online only) or look at the current vacancies on our website