|Job Ref:||204571995||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:44|
An IT Project Manager position has become available to join one of the world's leading manufacturer of off-highway machinery and diesel/natural gas engines. The brand is recognised worldwide and is synonymous with quality and reliability.|
The role is an initial 8 month contract position offering a competitive LTD hourly rate.
The successful candidate MUST have:
* A Minimum of 3 years project management experience using Waterfall techniques
* Project management in an Application Development Life Cycle environment
* A Background in Change Management
* Agile project management methodology
* Good knowledge of business processes
* Financial business acumen
ROLE PURPOSE AND OVERVIEW:
The role as a Project Manager will be working on multiple IT projects across taking direction from the Project Portfolio Manager and Technical Leads and following departmental processes. You will need to be proficient in understanding IT Development processes including scoping, gathering requirements, analysis, functional design, development specifications and testing, having experience in delivering business process improvements.
* Accountable for managing project delivery on time, to budget and meeting the agreed customer requirements.
* Drives project decisions relating to scope, resources, timings and budget
* Schedules and chairs team meetings.
* Works with the Sponsor and/or Lead Analyst to identify the required resources.
* Obtains confirmation from the Lead Analyst that all technical teams are applying an effective development methodology (e.g. AQA).
* Works with Technical Leads (SME's) to establish clear deliverables and to ensure relevant resources are assigned and available. Throughout project escalates unresolved resource issues.
* Facilitates the creation and/or updates of the project scope document, Work Breakdown Structure and other project-related documents with input from the project team.
* Establishes clear roles and responsibilities and ensures everyone accepts their responsibilities and can contribute effectively.
* Assigns and ensures completion of tasks within the project team
* Ensures that project risks or issues are identified, documented and addressed in a timely manner; Escalates issues that cannot be resolved to the project sponsor and stakeholders as required; Keeps the stakeholders up to date through collating information for gateway reviews and regular communications including risks and associated issues and dependencies.
* Ensures changes in scope or timing are assessed and presented for approval to the sponsor and relevant stakeholders.
* Creation, tracking and handling of any project spend requests, including capital and expense processes.
* When necessary manage 3rd party suppliers. Develop a relationship with these groups and establish commitment from these third parties to meet agreed timings. May be involved in set up of supplier agreements (not including ongoing support agreements), creation of the Statement of Work and supplier management throughout the project, depending on team structure (if handling of the supplier is being dealt with by a team member, they would take all of these responsibilities).
* Coordinates testing once test planning and scenarios have been completed by the project team.
* Oversee the business and other support teams to ensure pre implementation activities such as training and support material and produced in time for system go live.
* Work with Lead Analyst to ensure ITSM activities are complete.
* Facilitate the creation of lessons learnt and work with the Project Management Team to provide CI ideas for further process improvement.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. If you have any questions on this IT Project Manager position, please contact or call (Apply online only)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business