|Job Ref:||204572014||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hatfield||Address:||Post Code:||DN7||Salary:||£55000 - £65800/annum £4,200 car, benefits and bonus||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:44|
A market leading Infrastructure Services organisation in Hatfield are searching for a Solution Architect to join their growing team. We are looking for candidates with experience across high-level and low-level design, a strong understanding of IT architecture standards and governance processes and act as an advocate for best practice. |
* Work with the Enterprise Solution Architect (ESA) in the development, maintenance and communication of technology and product strategies, standards, roadmaps and the design of standard configurations.
* Working both as a member of the architecture team and project teams ensuring solutions are designed effectively, on time and fit-for-purpose.
* Follow PMO/Architecture governance processes and participate in meetings such as the Technical Design Authority (TDA) group and act as QA review on project designs.
* Build Solution designs that are compliant with IT standards.
* Work with other domains of IT to ensure solutions are agreed with all IT stakeholders.
* Validate project implementations through review meetings to ensure design are being delivered in compliance of designs.
* Request and implement changes in IT architecture standards where Gaps or opportunities are found.
* Understand, advocate and augment the principles of aligned business and IT - and more specifically champion "the enterprise architecture" process, its outcome and ongoing results within the technology team
* Consult and provide guidance on the impact of application and infrastructure future pipeline projects on existing technical architecture, and where necessary identify the changes required to the technical architecture to accommodate project needs.
* Work with BAU teams to analyse the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
* Analyse technology industry and future market trends; determining their potential impact on the organisation and identifying opportunities for innovation or improvement
* Support the specification, evaluation and selection of business solutions
* Substituting for other architecture team members where necessary
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* Previous experience as a Solution Architect is beneficial, but not required
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role - it is majorly beneficial if you have experience in Retail, Manufacturing/Operational Control, Work and Asset Management, ERP
* Experience across the following solution domains would be a major advantage - Retail, Manufacturing/Operational Control, Work and Asset Management, ERP and the following paradigms SOA, Cloud, Mobile and Big Data Analytics
* Track record of successful delivery throughout IT career
* Ability to take a pragmatic, risk based approach to IT solution design
* TOGAF 9.1 certification desirable
* Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
* Ability to estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
* Ability to apply multiple solution options to business problems
* Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new solutions
* Strong leadership, analytical and technical skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a good presenter and demonstrator of solutions to audiences of all levels within the organisation
* Knowledge of all components of business/application/ technical / infrastructure /security architecture domains
* Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
* Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting. Ability to apply these to solutions to present TCO and business cases
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds