|Job Ref:||204572418||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Halifax||Address:||Post Code:||HX1||Salary:||£34000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 13:57|
Basic Salary Circa: £34000
Mechanical Design Engineer
My client is a highly respected Light to Medium Engineering business who has been recognised in their industry with many awards including the queens award for export on two occasions. They have an immediate vacancy for a Mechanical Design Engineer.
Purpose of the job
The Mechanical Design Engineer plays a key role within the business, developing new products that will generate an increase in turnover and EBITDA, and also meet the requirements of the Development plan and Business plan.
The role of the Mechanical Design Engineer is to design products that comply with the design brief and adhere to the development plan. The products should also follow the Design Language Guidelines and conform to the relevant EU Directives. These new products must be fully tested and to ensure high quality and reliability levels expected by our customers.
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
For whom responsible
- Deliver new Instruments that consistently meet the brand values, by adherence to the design guidelines.
- Identify and promote the use of new technology and new processes to ensure products are market leading.
- Employ original thinking and the creation of imaginative design solutions.
- Ensure the best return on manufacturing prototype parts and instruments. Identify and design out any weakness.
- Identify the testing methods to ensure that all new products are tested, to and beyond their design limits to ensure their robustness in the field.
- Provide component drawings, assembly drawings, sat files, technical construction information, BOM`s and exploded views when rolling out the new product into mainstream Production. Note this list is not exhaustive.
- Ensure that tasks are completed in full and on time.
- Ensure compliance with quality procedures.
- Ensure timely completion of the ECN (Engineering Change Note) proposals.
- Ensure all Health and Safety procedures are followed and highlight any risks to either yourself or others to your Line Manager. Carry out risk assessment where needed to manage the risk within your area of responsibility.
- Assist in the creation of the initial project plan.
- Ensure adherence to the Master Development plan ensuring that key milestones and launch date are met.
- Ensure your design work meet every aspect of the design brief (including works costs).
- Take part in feasibility studies and cost estimates for new products and projects
- Participate in New Product Development (NPD) projects Mechanical Design
- - - Design for manufacture.
- - Design for reliability.
- - Design for misuse by an operator or environment.
- - Use `User Centred design` processes (based on user research, rapid prototyping etc) - ideally users will not need to read the operators guide to operate our instruments.
- - Design for ease of diagnosing faults and servicing.
- - Ensure that Technical project files are completed properly to ensure our products comply with the relevant and latest EU Directives.
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and to foster a team work culture across the business.
- The ability to think through and adopt a clear, sensible approach to planning, prioritising and organising tasks and activities to meet deadlines and targets. Makes most efficient use of time and other resources.
- The ability to apply knowledge and practical techniques to solve technical problems
- The ability to be flexible in your approach to tasks, with good multitasking skills
- Computer literate. Being conversant in standard Microsoft based programs.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills in order to work effectively with colleagues, demonstrate products, and to explain complex techniques to interested parties
- The ability to pragmatically solve problems using varied approaches and considering all relevant factors and options before making a decision/taking action.
- The ability to demonstrate energy, drive, commitment and dedication to achieving both own and company success.
- The ability to identify and satisfy internal and external customer requirements
- Proactive in approach, resilient under pressure, ability to maintain clarity and vision, and possesses a strong results orientation.
- Honest, sincere and genuine
- Engaging and Confidence inspiring
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team worker
- Dedicated and conscientious
- Flexible in thought and action
- Resilient and driven
- Problem solver with a "can-do" attitude
Employment & Educational Background
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience either in a Mechanical discipline, and will ideally have a manufacturing background
- A minimum of HND level of education in a science or math`s subject is required
- Experience in 3D CAD required, Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk Vault a distinct advantage
- Must be fully conversant with Microsoft Office Suite