|Job Ref:||204572586||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£40000 - £80000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:41|
Project Manager REPORTS TO: Senior Project Manager or Project Director|
Purpose and Scope:
Project Manager responsible for the procurement, management, delivery and completion of the building envelope, façade and cladding packages.
The Project Manager will be responsible for writing the finalising the individual scope of works, ensuring the design responsibility criteria is met, managing the design development, managing the interfaces, defining the quality control criteria, managing the works on site and the handover process including part L air infiltration tests.
* Ability to manage design development of these works
* Ability to procure these works
* Ability to manage and monitor off site manufacture and testing
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Good communication skills
* Sound knowledge in delivery of building envelope packages.
* Ability to use Biw for document management and snagging module
* Project Team
* Design Team
* Trade contractors
* Client team
Key Tasks and Activities
The applicant will be required to work in close liaison with the project director, commercial manager and all other team members to assist in the successful completion of the envelope.
The following is a guide to the key tasks and activities to be undertaken
* Produce, read, interrogate and familiarise oneself with the specifications and drawings produced by the design team
* Understand the Company policies and procedures and implement them
* Understand and utilise the clients cost plan to help manage the works
* Write scopes of work, quality plans, and methodologies for the works
* Understand the technical requirements of the façade and interrogate details
* Prepare and monitor programmes
* Chair, attend, minute meetings
* Be proactive in driving to exceed the clients requirements
Health & Safety
Takes safety of stakeholders, employees, self, suppliers and the public seriously. Understands own and others' role in emergency situations and minimizes risk.
Individual fully understands the relevance of sustainability to them and to the business, and the 3 main area the company committed to achieving within; economic development, social enrichment and environmental protection.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
A person who demonstrates this competency effectively:
Understand, respects and meets the needs of the company's diverse workforce and clients. Active opposition to any form of unfair and unlawful discrimination.
* Experience in delivery of facade / envelope packages
* Experience in managing the design and development of building envelope packages
* Experience in writing scopes of works and quality control documents for building envelopes
* Experience in working with large projects
* Ability to manage several trade contractors on site
* Ability to successfully manage trader interfaces
* Ability to integrate within the team
* Experience in working with high profile designers desirable
There is an excellent salary and benefits package on offer and a great career opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced professional to play a leading role in the on-going development of the team. Call us now for an interview on (Apply online only) ask for Lindsey, or send your CV along with a covering letter
Nicholas Associates is an industry leading professional recruitment agency that works across the following specialist disciplines and sectors: Executive Search and Selection, Finance and Accountancy, HR and Training, Engineering and Technical, Creative and Marketing, Commercial, the Construction Sector and the Food Sector. We have offices nationwide and operate internationally. Please visit (url removed)/recruitment for more information