|Job Ref:||204572603||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Docklands||Address:||Post Code:||E14||Salary:||£27.13 - £29.13/hour||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:44|
My client, a local authority in East London, is looking for a IT Security Officer to work on a 6 month contract basis. |
The successful candidate will act as the first and main point of contact for Information Security for the Council, assuring the provision of information security management in accordance with relevant standards and best practice, and will take responsibility for the day to day operational effectiveness.
You will also be expected to:
* Provide specialist advice and related information governance matters, representing the Council regarding information security at various external forums and reporting to the corporate information governance board on information security matters.
* Investigation of unauthorised access and the initiation of risk control measures.
* Awareness of relevant customer and best practice processes (e.g. ITIL, ISO20000, IIP, PRINCE2) in relation to the post.
* An up-to-date understanding of the principles and capabilities of relevant ICT standards, technology and systems applications with particular regard for ICT security.
* A strong understanding of methods and techniques for risk management, business impact analysis, countermeasures and contingency arrangements relating to the serious disruption of IT services, e.g. COBIT, CRAMM.
* Knowledge of the ICT infrastructure and critical application systems used within a complex organisation.
* A proven track record of sustained and successful information security management.
* Experience of report writing and communications for a variety of audiences, demonstrating numeracy and literacy, and applying expert knowledge.
* Significant experience of security administration and access control systems, including:
o Using special tools to review logged events.
o Firewall security set up and similarly other network devices.
o Internet security.
o Using ICT forensic tools.
o Database security.
o Microsoft environment, including Active Directory security.
o Middleware and enterprise management security.
o Applications and account provisioning.
o Storage area network (SAN) security.
* Educated to "A level" standard or holds an equivalent vocational or professional qualification as defined in the ICT Competency Framework.
Please contact Danny Eccles at Service Care Solutions for more information or to apply. Alternatively if this role isn't for you, we do offer a referral bonus of £250 for every new candidate you refer to us that we place in a position for more than 13 weeks. That's £250 just for forwarding a job advert to a friend