|Job Ref:||204572644||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||NP44 2XJ||Address:||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:44|
Senior Software Engineer (Java)|
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team due to expansion in a very well established and growing company based in Cwmbran.
As the senior software engineer you will join the team responsible for building reliable and high-performance applications typically exposed via RESTful APIs. You should be able to demonstrate expertise in core Java and have a board knowledge of supporting technologies as well as having the motivation to learn new ones.
• Design, develop, enhance, debug and implement high quality, scalable and robust software, ensuring both functional and non-functional requirements are fully tested via an automated pipeline.
• Adopt and champion core engineering practices including TDD (Test Driven Development), BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) and Continuous Delivery.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, find and test solutions to issues that arise with software installed at our customer sites.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of the R&D department through identifying improvements to processes, policies, standards and tooling.
• Participate in requirement, design and code reviews.
• Present in-depth technical subjects, both written and verbally in formal and informal settings
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV or call Karl on (Apply online only)
• Java EE
• RESTful web services
• Experienced in at least one of the following Databases - (Oracle, Mongo, Cassandra, Neo4J).
• Excellent skills in research, analysis, planning and implementation
• Server-side technologies (JMX, JSF, JCA (Connector Architecture), JPA, Dependency Management (Maven)
• NOSQL technologies
• SQL (Ideally Oracle including PL/SQL)
• Agile methodologies
• Been involved with profiling and tuning J2EE applications and Application Servers.
Java, J2EE, Hibernate, Spring