|Job Ref:||204572868||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£50000 - £65000/annum £50k - £65k + Package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:41|
Decent Homes / Regeneration and New Build
£50k - £65k + Package
Our client is a leading UK contractor working within the new build, refurbishment and maintenance sectors with clients from the public and private sectors. With over 80 years experience they complete a variety of projects from new build and refurbishment of homes, care homes, educational and public buildings and responsive maintenance works predominately within the social housing sector. Having a directly employed workforce they deliver excellent training programmes for their employees and encourage and promote career development from within.
They are now looking for two experienced Contracts Managers based of the highest calibre to take responsibility for managing a number of contracts ensuring they are delivered safely, on time, to budget and with high levels of client satisfaction. The main purpose of this role is to manage a number of contracts ensuring they are delivered safely, on time, to budget and with high levels of client satisfaction. To run the contract from handover to final completion (completion of Defects Liability Period), including preparation of the Health & Safety Plan/File.
You will be well supported by an established professional team of experienced managers and site supervisors who you will be expected to manage to ensure that the works are completed profitably and successfully.
• You will be client focussed and enjoy establishing a well organised approach to carrying out the works
• You will have first class organisational skills enabling you to maintain control of works programming and health and safety ensuring that all staff are compliant and understand the ground rules
• You will be commercially aware, ensuring that budgets are met and that specialist subcontractors are carrying out works correctly
• This role requires you to be hands-on, getting out of the office around the jobs and trouble-shooting when required
• You will need to maintain tight financial control, assisted by Quantity Surveyors in cash flow forecasting and maintaining close links with the clients
• Of key importance is the preparation work behind each contract, setting the programme up properly with the budgets and finances organised well in advance
• You will manage the site teams effectively, leading from the front and assessing quality and effectiveness at all times.
• Have Technical knowledge of MMC
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Contracts Manager with a social housing background and stable work history seeking a fresh new challenge within a leading UK contractor that offers excellent rewards and career progression opportunities.
Please forward a current CV in the first instance.
MSB Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency working within the building and civil engineering sectors throughout the UK