|Job Ref:||204572885||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum + great benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:44|
IT Support Technician - based in Southampton (SO15)|
Permanent position, paying up to £25,000 per annum + great benefits (including 20 days annual leave + bank holidays)
An opportunity has arisen to join a growing IT Service Provider as a member of their IT support team. My client is an IT support company working for local SMBs across the south, predominantly in Hampshire. They strive to work with their customers as their outsourced IT department and maintain brilliant customer service and a friendly, approachable point of contact for any of their IT needs.
The majority of work carried out for customers is performed remotely over the phone and using support software. On-site work will also be necessary, and for this the use of a van is provided once you have passed probation.
The successful applicant will have good communication and organisation skills, be presentable and punctual, have a real interest in IT and be keen to absorb themselves in new technologies and continuous development.
• As part of the team you will be involved in the day to day running of the helpdesk. Tasks include:
• Creating and resolving IT support tickets for customers
• Resolving any issues with broadband and leased lines
• Resolving 1st and 2nd line IT support requests
• Maintaining our high level of customer satisfaction
• Performing maintenance tasks for server s and workstations remotely
Key Technical Skills:
• Microsoft Windows 7-10 in a support role
• Microsoft Office applications (2010, 2013, 2016)
• Microsoft Exchange Server (2007, 2010, 2013)
• Microsoft Windows Server (2008, 2012R2)
• Hardware troubleshooting
• Basic router/firewall configuration
• Computer assembly
• Windows Server installations
• MCP/MCTS qualifications
• Knowledge of Draytek, WatchGuard, and SonicWALL firewalls
• Data cabling
• 1st and 2nd line support with small to medium businesses
• SQL experience
You must have a full UK driving license to be considered for this position.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small yet growing team within which you will be able to expand your knowledge, experience, and progress your career working as a big cog within a small wheel.
If this is you then please feel free to apply