|Job Ref:||204572949||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£35000 - £60000/annum £35k - £60k + Package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:41|
Regeneration & New Build Projects
£35k - £60k + Package
Our client is a leading national building contractor operating within the new build and regeneration markets. With an annual turnover exceeding £200m and a growing order book for the 2013/14 period thy offer excellent on-going training and career development opportunities for their employees.
Due to the continued growth they are now seeking to appoint an Intermediate / Quantity Surveyor to join their team based in Portsmouth, Hampshire to manage the expanding project workload in the regional operational areas. You will take full responsibility for all financial matters with operational support from experienced staff and a commercial team. For the intermediate role you will be required to manage part of a major project with support from the project QS or several smaller contracts with values up to £2m.
The company specialises in affordable housing and public sector building projects around London concentrating on Partnering working alongside clients to achieve the best results.
They have just won several new contracts and have an excellent pipeline of work. Client focussed and personally driven, you will have the ability to grow with the company and further develop excellent client relationships.
You will need
• Have a relevant Degree in Quantity Surveying - Highly desirable but not essential
• Quantity Surveying skills, full financial responsibility for all contracts
• Knowledge and experience of working in partnering arrangements
• Responsible for costs, estimates, budgets, variations, sub-contract procurement/payment, final accounts and financial control
• Minimum 2 years relevant experience in social housing and refurbishment works
• Good knowledge of JCT, MTC and partnering Contracts
• Computer literate, windows XP
• Good ambassador, polished client facing skills
• A stable work history
• Full UK Drivers Licence
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic Quantity Surveyor looking for a permanent role that offers excellent career progression opportunities.
Please forward a current CV in the first instance.
MSB Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency working within the building and civil engineering sectors throughout the UK