|Job Ref:||204573071||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Tower Hamlets||Address:||Salary:||£15 - £23/hour||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:44|
Urgent IT Security Officer needed|
Location: Tower Hamlets Central London
Hours: Full time, Mon-Fri 08:00 AM - 05:30 PM
Salary: £15-£23 per hour depending of experience
Start Date: 12/09/2016
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Advises service development and service delivery on the application of security controls.
- Negotiates with 3rd party suppliers in liaison with the Supplier Relationship Manager in relation to security requirements including confidentiality agreements and compliance with internal policies.
- Ensures the protection of systems and information in storage, processing, or transit from unauthorised access or modification through the denial of service to unauthorised users.
- Acts as a Registration Authority under the Council's procedures including the liaison with the Council's Certificating Authority with regard to the issuing, suspension, revocation and archiving of digital certificates.
- Advises users on risk reduction and promotes awareness of policies and procedures. Ensures that users are aware of obligations such as protecting the secrecy of passwords and accounts access details.
- Provides advice regarding training courses in relation to new ICT related legislation and compliance with the Council`s Corporate IT Security policy working towards ISO27001.
- Conducts information security awareness sessions.
- Serves as a member of the Change Advisory Board to provide security specialist input.
- Contributes to the work of the Service Development section and the overall ICT service working in collaboration with peers and other ICT staff.
- Ensures compliance with standards.
- Provides performance data in a timely and accurate manner using appropriate tools.
- Manages resources in a project environment, including planning and estimating of resource requirements and their effective deployment.
- Manages ICT risks and mitigation related to the purpose of the job.
- Adopts industry best practice for ICT service management (ITIL) and ISO27001 and promotes and delivers continuous service improvement.
- Encourages collaborative and consistent working practices across ICT teams by aiding the development of a 'one ICT service` culture across the Council
The ideal candidate will ned to have:
- PRINCE2, IIP, ITIL or ISO20000 experience
- An up-to-date understanding of the principles and capabilities of relevant ICT standards, technology and systems applications with particular regard for ICT security.
- A sound understanding of relevant national and international legislation.
- Knowledge of the ICT infrastructure and critical application systems used within a complex organisation.
- Knowledge of the likely business impact of different scales of disruption to ICT application or infrastructure services.
- Experience of projects, working to time, budget and quality.
- Experience of deputising for line manager.
- A proven track record of sustained and successful information security management.
- Experience of developing and maintaining information security policies.
- Experience of disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Experience of the principles, practices, tools and techniques of IT auditing.
- Experience of methods and techniques for the assessment and management of business risk.
Only candidates with previous experienced will be considered for this particular role.
Please contact us ASAP if you are available.