|Job Ref:||204575370||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£25000 - £32000/annum pension, life insurance||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:47|
Design Engineer (mech & elec) required for a great opportunity to join our clients well-established team working on submarine air purification equipment. |
Responsibilities will include:
* Design and final production of engineering drawings in accordance with BS 8888 using CAD software.
* Producing detailed designs for equipment, framework and enclosures from basic project ideas.
* Liaison with design and technical authorities and project engineers.
* Produce work in accordance with all technical requirements, professional standards and codes of practice.
* Promote the use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) techniques within the Design Office.
Essential requirements for this role:
* ONC or equivalent qualification.
* Substantial design office experience.
* Proficient user of SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD software
* Knowledge of routing cables and wires for noise reduction.
* Knowledge of critical aspects (emc, shock etc.) related to the design of equipment for military applications.
* Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
* Candidates must have passed UK security clearance to Security Check level or be able to obtain this level. To gain SC clearance you will normally have had to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years.
The following are preferred, but not essential:
* Experience of working within a defence environment.
* Knowledge of ISO9000 or a similar QA system.
* Candidates must have strong presentation skills and a professional presentation.
* Able to build long-term successful client partnerships, both internally and externally.
* Candidates must be flexible, enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to use initiative and work without close supervision.
* Travel to other offices or MoD sites in the UK may occasionally be required.
Our client is the world's leading supplier of submarine air purification equipment and supplier of choice for many international programmes.
The company has a history of technological and scientific achievement. As a testament to our success, our systems are in place on the most technically advanced vessels in the world.
If you feel you are the right person for this role as a Design Engineer and have the above mentioned skills please click the "apply now" button at the bottom of your advert to progress you application further.
For other similar jobs Google search: Mane Contract Services "Insert Job Title" Jobs Mane is a leading technical recruitment agency who specialise in engineering jobs, Oil & Gas Jobs, rails jobs, construction jobs, aerospace jobs and automotive jobs. So, if this position is not quite right please don't hesitate to contact us for alternative NA you are a client and wish to obtain information on how we can aid in your technical recruitment process, please phone on (Apply online only)