|Job Ref:||204575527||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Pontefract||Address:||Post Code:||WF8||Salary:||£34000 - £40000/annum Car allowance||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:08|
£34,000 - £40,000, completely negotiable and dependant on experience.
We currently have job opportunity as a Structural/Civil Engineer with a Design Consultancy in Pontefract.
The position will be working within a small team of Structural Engineer with a strong background within the Structural and Civil Engineering industry. You will play a key role within the team to deliver projects on time.
This position would be suited to someone who is looking to work on a very varied workload.
To be considered for this position you should have a strong understanding of the following:
- Analyse configurations of the basic structural components of a building or other structure
- Calculate the pressures, stresses and strains that each component, such as a beam or lintel, experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as weather or earthquakes;
- Consider the strength of various materials, e.g. timber, concrete, steel and brick, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design;
- Liaise with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction;
- Make drawings, specifications and computer models of structures for building contractors;
For more information, please don`t hesitate to contact Sam Wakley at Cubed Resourcing on NA or submit your cv