|Job Ref:||204576667||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Somerset||City:||Yeovil||Address:||Post Code:||BA20||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:54|
Technical designer |
£30k - £40k
My client who specialise in retail technical design are currently looking for an experienced Technical Designer to join their growing team in Yeovil. They require a creative individual who is fully proficient in AutoCAD (ideally Revit) who can survey and design layouts for retail clients.
As the new technical designer you will be expected to:
• Deliver project work-modelling and detailing
• Carry out site surveys of retail projects and draw the site survey detail
• Produce a detailed set of drawings (elevations, GA, RCP, door schedules, floor schedules etc)
• Create families in response to project need (Ideally in Revit)
• Provide technical assistance to project managers and client services team
• Establish relevant levels of drawing/technical information required for individual projects both for the client and manufacturer
The Ideal candidate will need to demonstrate:
• Significant experience in AutoCAD
• Good knowledge of the Adobe suite
• Experience with surveying ideally in a retail environment.
• 5+ years production experience in design, drafting or engineering
• An in-depth working knowledge of current BIM versions with the emphasis on Revit
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Possess the ability to work well as part of a team and independently
Ideally you will also be trained in Revit and have experience with Faro Laser scanners.
My clients surveys can take place anywhere in the UK, France and Germany, therefore national and international travel will be expected. They will cover the cost of expenses associated with travel, accommodation etc to survey when required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award winning organisation who offer a competitive basic salary, bonus schemes, a brilliant working environment including an on site gym.
To be considered for this position please send an up to date CV along with your portfolio to or contact me directly on (Apply online only) | (Apply online only)