|Job Ref:||204576092||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Harpenden||Address:||Post Code:||AL5||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum plus package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:50|
Quantity Surveyor required for new build residential and education projects, for this main contractor, based out of Hertfordshire.|
This main contractor is a £34M turnover business, with approximately 100 staff, working on project between £1.5M-£20M. They are a family run business with a friendly sociable atmosphere, which is not 'too corporate`.
They are based in Hertfordshire, the main contractor work throughout the Northern Home Counties. Their reputation is built on the excellence and professionalism of their employees who are trained to respond to the changing requirements of legislation, technology and best practice on site. Founded over 100 years ago, they continue to make sure that their founding principles of quality, customer focus and commitment to excellence remain today.
Experience of measuring and pricing building work - planning and overseeing costs from the beginning of the project to the end of the project. In charge of keeping a close eye on finances from the first budget to the final bill. Responsibility of making sure a project meets every legal and quality standard and that the client gets value for their money.
- carrying out feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labour costs
- negotiating and drawing up bids for tenders and contracts
- monitoring each stage of construction to make sure that costs are in line with forecasts
- providing financial progress reports to clients
- advising clients on legal and contractual matters
- acting on clients' behalf to resolve disputes
- assessing the financial costs of new environmental guidelines, such as using sustainable timber
You will be ideally a degree or diploma qualified quantity surveyor, with a background with a main contractor, with experience of new build residential or education projects