|Job Ref:||204576200||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Huddersfield||Address:||Post Code:||HD1||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:48|
Senior Designer, Huddersfield, £35,000 - £40,000|
Arlington Moore is working on behalf of a prestigious Design to manufacture Engineering company based in Huddersfield.
Responsible for creating and producing complete 3D Inventor designs using Autodesk Inventor as well as providing technical / installation support / commissioning to ensure a high quality installation of products.
Job role :
* Designing using 3D design technology which meet the customer & manufacturing requirements
* Ensuring the design of components permits efficient, cost effective manufacture and procurement
* Creating parts lists and bill of materials
* Liaising with customers, suppliers, shop floor and other departments
* Onsite measurement of clients machines
* Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation also that design risk assessments are carried out to ensure all safety issues have been covered
* Reviewing designs and identifying with colleagues where existing designs can be improved and integrate into future projects
* Evaluation of a variety of drawings, blue prints and schematics to ensure customer and production needs are met
* Estimating time scales and in some instances costs to complete a project
* Assisting in the preparation of works procedures for the building, production testing and R&D testing of new or existing products
* Assisting the other members of the engineering department in matters relating to product development, value engineering and real time solving of production problems
* Relevant mechanical design experience
* Must be strong on 3D CAD, ideally Inventor
* Must have considerable experience designing bespoke machinery ideally rotating machinery
* Practical on-site engineering skills and methodology would be a distinct advantage
This is a real opportunity for the right individual to grow within an organisation and to build a career within that.
Please note that we will try to respond to you, however if you have not heard from us within 14 days then you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. All applications are treated confidentially and on no occasion will we pass your CV on to a third party without speaking with you.
This role has been advertised by Arlington Moore Engineering which is a division of Arlington Moore. Arlington Moore has been established since 2006 recruiting throughout the UK