|Job Ref:||204576207||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cwmbran||Address:||Post Code:||NP44||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:42|
MongoDB DBA / Junior DBA / DevOps |
Newport - Commutable from Cwmbran, Cardiff, Bristol
Competitive Salary + Attractive Benefits package
Are you a DBA with exposure to MongoDB and other NoSQL database platforms? Or are you a Developer/Tester/DevOps professional with exposure to MongoDB and continuous integration technologies (Jenkins, Puppet etc) looking for a DBA Opportunity at one of the strongest tech companies in South Wales?
Our client is a true market leader in digital security and media solutions who is well known for investment in technology and their quest for innovation. You will be working for a company who are striving to become the number one company in their field. Employing over 3000 people worldwide and with a Billion dollar turnover, this truly is one of Wales' most exciting and forward thinking companies.
You will be responsible for the administration of NoSQL platforms and join the organisation at a key time in which they are implementing micro service architectures and undergoing a large cloud migration. Day to day duties will include trouble shooting and support, tuning and maintenance and will expose you to the latest in cloud based and deployment technologies.
If you are a DBA or Developer/Tester that has NoSQL experience with a desire to embrace new technologies then this is the role for you!
* Overseeing the install, configuration and administration of a variety of database platforms.
* Perform support on a variety of projects including troubleshooting and monitoring.
* Work in collaboration with developers to ensure applications having the required backup and restoration processes in place.
* Ensure continuous delivery and deployment with a variety of tools e.g. Jenkins.
* Project work including cloud migrations.
* Exposure to NoSQL Databases - MongoDB, Cassandra, Oracle
* Solid understanding of the concepts of Relational Database Management Systems - e.g. SQL, Stored Procedures, Tables etc.
* Linux/UNIX System Administration and Scripting experience - e.g. Shell, Perl and Python.
* Exposure to Continuous Integration/DevOps technologies - e.g. Jenkins, Puppet etc.
* Exposure to VMWare and Load balancing.
* Java Knowledge.
* Experience working with clustering technologies.
* Experience working with cloud technologies e.g. AWS.
Benefits Package Includes
* Competitive Salary
* Performance based bonus
* Twice annual salary reviews
* Private medical insurance,
* Stakeholder pension (9% employer contribution)
* Relocation assistance
* Childcare vouchers
* Flexible working hours (10-4 core with a 40 hour working week)
* 33 days holidays