|Job Ref:||204576250||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Colwyn Bay||Address:||Post Code:||LL29||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:48|
Job Title: Highway Design Engineer|
Location: Colwyn Bay
Salary: £35K - £40K
About the role
The successful candidate will be based in our Colwyn Bay office and report to the Associate Director. You will be involved in all stages of projects from feasibility studies through to planning, design development, contract preparation, procurement and construction phase supervision.
Our office in Colwyn Bay has been established for over 30 years and employs over 40 people, delivering a range infrastructure services. These cover the disciplines of Civil and Highway Engineering, Structural Engineering, Architecture, Building Surveying, Landscape, Environment, Cost Management, Project Management and Property Management.
1. Contribution to technical feasibility studies and production of related reports
2. Development of concept solutions for highway infrastructure and drainage solutions
3. Development of detailed design solutions in line with current standards and codes
4. Preparation of detailed works information, e.g. drawings, specifications, schedules and cost estimates
5. Supervision of construction works
6. Supporting and mentoring the development of less experienced staff and contributing to work winning activity
Skills & Experience Required:
1. Civil Engineering degree or equivalent
2. Chartered or near Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer with a passion to become Chartered
3. Knowledge and experience of using DMRB and HCHW. Use of MX highway design software, use of Windes drainage software, Civil 3D
4. Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and clients
5. High standard of communication and people skills with the ability to plan own workload in order to achieve deadlines
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So directly on (Apply online only) or send your CV to - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn