|Job Ref:||204576259||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£27000 - £35000/annum + Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:48|
Job title: Transport Planner|
Salary: £27K - £35K
We have opportunities for transport planners with experience to join our prestigious and successful Transport Consulting team in London.
We are seeking enthusiastic candidates with core transport planning skills in the fields of development planning, traffic engineering, analysis, assessment and preliminary design. Experience in designing for walking, cycling and public transport use would be advantageous. Candidates should enjoy taking responsibility as part of larger project teams and be keen to broaden their technical skills to support growth within the practice and their own career development.
1. University degree/HNC in a relevant discipline (e.g. civil engineering, geography, economics, mathematics).
2. Membership of a relevant professional institution (e.g. TPS, CIHT, CILT).
1. Previous experience in transport planning, engineering and modelling for developments and transport infrastructure schemes.
2. Proficiency in data collection, analysis and interpretation.
3. Proficiency in local highway network analysis (TRANSYT, PICADY, ARCADY, LINSIG, VISSIM).
4. Experience of UK Town & Country Planning and Environmental Impact Assessment processes.
5. Experience of using relevant design guidance (e.g. DMRB, Manual for Streets, cycling design standards).
6. Knowledge of planning for walking, cycling, bus operations and public realm enhancements.
7. Experience of engagement with local transport authorities, operators and the public.
8. Excellent report writing, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
9. Ability to work pro-actively within project teams led by project managers
1. Previous experience in a consultancy environment.
2. Working knowledge of DfT and Transport for London assessment and modelling guidance.
3. Knowledge of travel planning techniques including measures to encourage walking, cycling and the use of public transport.
4. Experience of developing bus-based solutions, including service planning, the design of bus facilities.
5. Working towards chartered membership of a professional organisation
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So on (Apply online only) or send your CV to - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn