|Job Ref:||204576309||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Salary:||£35000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:42|
Network Services Telephony Leader|
Coventry City Centre
£35,247 - £50,187
Monday to Friday 08.30 to 17.00
Excellent Holidays - 38 days plus Bank holidays
Technical lead for the Telephony Project team within the Network Services Section which is responsible for the full utilisation and development of the company IP Infrastructure (Voice and Data networks) systems and services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Analyses academic, business or technical telephony requirements in order to design, implement and deliver VoIP based telephony solutions and develop appropriate specifications. Consult/liaise with IT Services colleagues, key stakeholders, and external consultants, suppliers or contractors to produce an agreed IT development design.
2. Takes full responsibility for all technical and operational decision-making within the area of security, recognising that such decisions may have a significant medium to long term affect on the company as a whole. Seeks approval from the Head of Network Services for all strategic recommendations.
3. Maintains a thorough familiarity with all applicable tools, methods, procedures and equipment within the area of responsibility. Ensures that general technical competencies and specialism are kept up-to-date in line with industry developments.
4. Defines the project scope and timescale. Creates and maintains Project Plan (MS Project) and produces regular project reports for ITS and company Senior Management. Reports progress to the ITS Project Manager
5. Undertakes day to day supervision of Telephony Project Team staff managing their daily duties to ensure on time delivery of project stages and to feedback to direct line managers of staff, the progress to assist line managers with development and appraisal including DPR of staff.
6. Analyses the utilisation and deployment of Telephony Project Team Staff, maximising the use of available skills, expertise and resources. Maintains accurate records and compiles written reports for the Head of Network Services as required together with recommendations as appropriate.
7. Develops and implements, in conjunction with Staff direct line management, induction and on-the-job training programmes for Telephony Project Team Staff, identifying training and development needs as appropriate, liaising with the Head of Network Services and University training section.
8. Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with subordinates, colleagues, clients and customers at all levels of seniority. Prepares documentation and reports as required; where necessary gives presentations using appropriate tools and techniques.
9. Fosters collaboration and contact in computing related areas with departments and Services, providing information and assistance as appropriate.
10. If so delegated, acts as a Business Partner to an assigned service or department.
11. Deputises for the Head of Network Services during periods of his/her absence, attends pre- and post absence briefings and ensures operational or support matters relating to ICT services are efficiently and effectively dealt with.
12. Manages allocated IT development projects in accordance with IT Services methods and standards.
AND such other duties as are within the scope of the spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post and its grading.
You must have substantial experience in a similar role with excellent knowledge of the below:
- CCNA Routing and Switching
- CCNA-Voice or CCNA-Collaboration
- CCNP-Voice or CCNP-Collaboration
Excellent knowledge of networking/communication (including VoIP) technologies and protocols
Significant experience, leading and managing technical staff engaged in service delivery and building Voice Networks and secure Data networks using firewalls, VLANS and ACLs
Substantial Project Management experience Experience of negotiation with suppliers, contractual matters and progress chasing.
DNS and DHCP administration
*Design and implementation of large Cisco VOIP networks
*Administration, installation of CISCO VoIP hardware, software and endpoints
*Administration of MS Exchange Voicemail Gateway
*Configuration of Cisco UCM
*Configuration of Cisco IPCCX
*Configuration of Cisco voice routers (28xx/29xx)
*Configuration of Telephony routing tables
Analytical and methodical support skills demonstrating an ability to lead users and staff through UC&C design, delivery, testing and transformation programmes.
Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.1 or above
Cisco Contact Centre Express 9.1 or above
Configuring and managing Cisco MCS and Cisco UCS B-Series Servers
Configuring call routing, media resources and extension mobility.
Microsoft Unified Communications and Collaboration Technologies (MS Lync/Exchange)
IPT, VOIP, IM & Presence, Collaboration Tools, SIP/TDM trunking, CUBE etc.
Configuring voice Gateway and protocols (SIP, MGCP, SCCP, H323)
Use of voice and video codes (G729, G711, G722, H264 etc)
Configuring Conferencing, Media Termination Points and Media Resources.
Managing Cisco unified contact centre express system.
Configuring and modifying Cisco Contact Centre Express scripts.
Installing minor and major patches on the Cisco Collaboration suite
Major upgrades of Cisco Communications Manager and Unified Contact Centre Express in an enterprise deployment.
Knowledge and experience of routing and switching on Cisco based platforms.
Knowledge of Inbound technologies and queuing services.
Project Management skills
Work under pressure, to deadlines, in an environment of rapidly changing targets
Create and track Microsoft project plans/Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Project
Perceive, register and communicate risks to the extended project team
Ability to impart knowledge and advice to colleagues and other contacts.
Good oral communication skills
Ability to impart detailed technical knowledge to colleagues and other contacts
Understanding and excellent application of teamwork concepts