|Job Ref:||204576399||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Heaton Chapel||Address:||Post Code:||SK4||Salary:||£17000 - £28000/annum Depending on experience||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:50|
Operations Site Technician |
Stockport - Full Time
Salary £17000 - £28000 per annum depending on experience.
Japanese Knotweed Control is a leading specialist provider to the construction and amenity industry and for over 10 years they have provided the most thorough and effective solution to treating Japanese Knotweed, Giant Hogweed and Himalayan Balsam and other non-native plant species. They are experts at the removal and control of invasive plants and their clients include major construction companies, local authorities and major retailers.
• As an 'Operations Technician' your duties could include:
• Visiting sites on a pre-determined call cycle to inspect historic sites for the presence on non-native plants and reporting data back to head office.
• Attending sites and administering herbicide under NPTC regulations and following JKC strict herbicide policies.
• Assisting colleagues and management on construction projects, supervising excavations and installing membranes, soil sifting and general site duties whilst adhering to the JKC health and safety policies.
• Vegetation clearance, brush cutting and general site clearance.
• Attending regular external and internal training courses and product updates.
• Ensuring that company vehicles and equipment meet internal and external inspection requirements.
• Managing own time effectively to ensure that the job requirements are fulfilled especially during busy periods.
• Liaising with clients and colleagues and being the representative for JKC.
Working hours and conditions
• This is a full time position working Monday to Friday and may include occasional weekends during busy periods. Based on a 37.5 hour working week with occasional overtime and/or time of in lieu during busy periods. 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Work is nationwide with regular stays away from home. Accommodation, evening meal and breakfast will be included.
• Workwear and protective clothing provided.
• Pension scheme.
Preferably have a background in horticulture, amenity, weed control or construction.
Training and development
JKC have a policy to train all employees through its internal training and assessment program.
Training will also be provided in the following areas:-
Safe use of herbicides and herbicide application.
Construction Skills Certification Scheme.
Chainsaw and Brushcutting.
We also provide training in a number of areas to match the skill sets needed including health and safety, machinery including dumper trucks and excavators and mandatory courses including asbestos awareness.
Skills, interests and qualities
• A knowledge of Invasive plants
• NPTC PA1 PA6 PA6AW PA6INJ preferable but can be provided through our in-house training provider.
• Chainsaw and/or Brushcutting preferable but not mandatory.
• CSCS card preferable but not mandatory.
• Spoken and written communication skills
• Ability to read and interpret maps and site plans.
• Good team working skills but with the ability to work on their own.
• Fit and healthy with the ability to complete manual tasks.
• An interest in ecology and the environment.
• An organised and methodical approach to work.
• Attention to detail
• Honesty and discretion
• An ability to solve problems