|Job Ref:||204576428||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£37000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:54|
Principal Bridge Engineer - Sheffield |
My client has an exciting and rare opportunity within their office. They are seeking a principal bridge engineer to join the established team, with a succession plan in place for the successful candidate to potentially develop into the next leader of their bridges team. If you are an ambitious engineer looking for a definite route to progression, then this is the role for you!
What you'll be doing
As an experienced principal bridge engineer, you will initially be involved on a range of small to large bridge projects which are industry and publicly high profile. The role will be challenging, demanding, varied and offers fantastic opportunities for skill set and career development. The successful candidate will ultimately develop into the next leader of our bridges team.
You will be required to work autonomously and within a growing team carrying out bridge feasibility works, design, assessment and strengthening depending upon project requirements. You will also be required to manage projects to programme and cost.
- Experience of managing all aspects of assigned project work
- Leading design teams throughout all phases of project, from bidding to completion
- Assisting with business development and winning work
- Working on a range of both road and rail bridge commissions
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a principal bridge engineer. Candidates will be experienced and have a personal interest in bridge engineering which will be utilised in a broad range of engineering projects.
- Experience of a range of bridge engineering solutions
- CEng, MICE or similar
- Competency with both highways and national rail (NR) design standards including Euro Codes
- Experience of working in UK bridge engineering and involvement in the full project lifecycle, including budget/finance control
- Proven team leading experience, with the ability to lead and mentor graduates
- Experience working in or with a multi-disciplinary design consultancy
- A strong technical focus
- Strong IT skills
- Capability to work to deadlines and work autonomously when required