|Job Ref:||204576816||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:47|
Technical Project Manager|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Project Manager to join our client`s Technical Department, reporting to the Head of Projects.
Our client is proud of their heritage; they`ve been designing and manufacturing products that save lives, prevent injuries and protect people and assets around the world from the risk of fire for over 25 years.
Their modern production techniques, utilise the latest sophisticated manufacturing equipment which sees them placed at the forefront of ground-breaking global fire detection solutions, with over 3,000 international approvals and accreditations to our name.
They are also proud of their reputation - not only with their customers, but also within their dedicated staff base. Their team members are passionate, driven and up for a challenge, and the Company in turn is committed to further developing the company culture, building on the founding values and traditions.
If you are that candidate who demonstrates passion, curiosity, a drive for excellence and has the ambition to make a difference, then apply today!
In this position your duties will include:
- Managing multiple global/EMEA projects in parallel, from concept to market, ensuring that resources are planned in advance, deployed effectively and prioritised in line with needs of the business.
- Defining project scope, goals and deliverables to support business objectives in collaboration with product management, senior management and other key stakeholders.
- Establishing and gaining approvals for project budgets, incorporating all internal and external cost elements including approvals. Recommend and fully justify any adjustments where necessary.
- You will ensure that project requirements and goals are identified and communicated from the outset and that all team members clearly understand their respective roles and responsibilities.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- You will coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned task.
- The role requires you to work closely with Product Management to ensure that product requirements are clear and finalised and business cases are viable and clearly articulated in the Marketing Requirement Specification
- Developing and regularly maintain fully detailed project plans, reviewing regularly with teams and management to ensure progress against milestones
- Identify, record and proactively manage/mitigate project risks and issues
- You will chair and minute regular project meetings involving representatives from all key functions across the business
- Set and continually manage project expectations with all team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve any issues or conflicts within the project team or supporting functions.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Ensure that technical issues are swiftly characterised, documented and appropriately communicated, and that solutions are quickly but methodically developed and proven. Ensure wherever possible that any impact on critical milestones is contained
- Proactively manage any requested changes in project scope with Product Management and senior management, ensuring that any change is clearly justified with a supporting business case.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Ensure that the New Product Development process is followed, and proactively seek and recommend enhancements to the process
- All projects are to be delivered to high levels of quality in terms of internal manufacturing capability, performance and reliability.
- Minimise the need for repetition of external validation testing.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Work closely with manufacturing to manage sustaining engineering projects when required
Skills, competencies and experience required for this role are:
- A degree or equivalent in a Technical discipline
- More than 3 Years Project Management experience with project budget responsibility in excess of£100k.
- Proven People Management and Leadership in a matrixed project organisation.
- Ability to manage up to multiple concurrent Product development projects.
- Strong influencing skills
- Prince2 an advantage