|Job Ref:||204576884||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Mildenhall||Address:||Post Code:||IP28||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:54|
Quantity Surveyor |
This exciting new role comes with one of the UK's leading cladding and glazing contractors, reporting directly to the Commercial Manager.
* Financial: Ownership, monitoring and management of whole-project cost and value for the works. Management of change control and contract mechanisms for cost recovery. Financial management of subcontractors
* Provide support to the commercial activities within the business
* Administering the payment of subcontractors, customer invoicing, and maintaining the supporting documentation underpinning these activities
* Subcontract requisitioning
* Ensure all relevant documentation is collated, available and maintained as required for all
* Provides support and administration as required to the Project Department
* Provide specific support to the Project Managers.
* Site Measurement
* Preparation of Interim and Final account measurement
* Accurate Pricing and Raising of variations
* Interim and final account agreement of sub-contracts
* Ensure good quality and accurate records are kept and maintained
* Maintenance of cost information
* Dealing with tender documents
* To assist senior staff in the issue and management of records and documentation relating to contract accounts
* To assist in the prompt and regular submission of main contract payment applications and subsequent cash collection together with the preparation of sub-contractor payments
* To assist in the preparation of draft sub-contracts to the level of responsibility delegated by the individuals supervisor;
Ideally you will have/be:
* Proficient in the use of MS packages e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project
* Experience of working in a construction environment
* Academic & professional qualifications: ONC or HNC in Construction Management or similar is preferable.
* Results Driven: Demonstrates a passion and excitement for his/her work. Tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay
* Focus on Excellence: Willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations
* Organised and demonstrates ability to work on multiple tasks/prioritise
* Excellent administrative skills with a methodical approach
* The ability to manage own workload without direction
* Articulate, well presented with a friendly personable approach
* MUST HAVE A DRIVING LICENCE.
If that sounds like a role you would be interested in, please apply with your send your CV now to (url removed)
To view other job opportunities with Velosi-Intec, why not download the Applus Velosi Jobs App - enter "ApplusVelosi Jobs App" into Google.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Intec (UK) Ltd was established in 1980 by Engineers for Engineers. We deliver Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
For a free, confidential service register your details on velosi-intec where you will find a full list of live positions. Intec (UK) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC)