|Job Ref:||204576898||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Taunton||Address:||Post Code:||TA1||Salary:||£28000 - £32000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 13:57|
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work for an established, local engineering company with excellent reputation based in Taunton, Somerset.|
This company are fantastic for development and progression opportunities and provide a friendly, down to earth working atmosphere.
Prior experience is essential, with proven results, working in the fluid power engineering industry or a similar field of engineering.
This is a full time, permanent position working Monday - Thursday 37.5 hours per week with a salary between £28,000 - £32,000 PA DOE.
Duties will include:
* Using Solidworks 3D CAD package and also AutoCAD LT (Light) to produce quality designs
* Production of drafts to manufacture drawings & General Arrangement drawings and 3D models from supplied information such as engineering request forms, client specifications, design calculations
* Working with the engineering design team to help design special purpose equipment within Clients bespoke specifications
* Assisting the Engineering Director in ensuring that the company's engineering standards are maintained to the highest level
* Component design - products can be made up of various parts and you need to be versatile to draft the different products.
* Delivering drawings to satisfy quality, accuracy and timing requirements of clients and Senior Engineers
* Liaising with suppliers, customers and business directors on a daily bases
* Ensuring that the company always seeks to propose the best solution for a customer's application
* Assisting with assigned project(s) management as required by the Design Director ensuring design integrity & timely, within budget completion
* Ensuring that all Health & Safety requirements of the Company & its customers are met
* Providing technical advice
Experience wise you will need a degree in Mechanical Engineering, detailed working knowledge of AutoCAD LT and Solidworks and experience in the fluid power engineering industry or similar field. A HNC in mechanical engineering plus extensive proven working experience in a similar field of engineering will also be considered.
This truly is a great company to work for. They really look after their employees and can provide a great longstanding career.
If you are interested in this role please submit your CV or call Vicky on (Apply online only).
Office Angels are acting as an employment agency for this role. Please visit our website (url removed) for similar positions and to experience our virtual website. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer