|Job Ref:||204576936||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Post Date:||18/10/2016 13:57|
Mechanical Design Engineer|
Our client has the following opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the Technical Department, reporting to the Mechanical Design Team Leader.
We are looking for candidates that are passionate, inquisitive, upbeat, driven and strive for excellence.
In this position the successful candidate's duties will include:
- To design cost effective products using the disciplines required for high volume manufacture. This will include Design for Assembly and Moulding Optimisation.
- To aid our onsite manufacturing and to be responsible for delivering solutions to sustaining projects.
- Designs are to be catalogued using 2D/3D CAD revision control, suitable for submission to external independent Approval Establishments.
- Manage the relationship with, and provide assistance to Procurement, Production and Test, Research & Development, Sales and Marketing. Resolve design issues for new and existing product designs.
- Maintain best practice for product development techniques, BS EN ISO 9001:200 Certified Company. Includes training and self-learning activities.
- Research, evaluate, and report best practice techniques where appropriate, monitor new developments and report to the technical team.
- To multi-task in a demanding and evolving environment, with numerous time critical projects.
Must have skills/experience required for this role:
- Experience with utilising statistical analysis and proving process capability
- Logical thinker with strong problem solving skills
- Experienced CAD user (Ideally Solidworks or similar)
- Materials Knowledge - especially plastics
- Experience of injection moulded products and high volume production
- Dimensioning and tolerance Analysis
- Taking designs from concept to production using a New Product Development Process.
Favourable skills/experience required for this role:
- Designing optical-mechanical systems
- Acoustic design experience
- Experience accelerating design through simulation
(FEA, Fluid Dynamics, Ray-tracing, Acoustics)
- Working closely with electronics and software engineers
- Design for assembly (Automation)