|Job Ref:||204577053||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||hatfield||Address:||Post Code:||DN7||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:47|
Product Safety Engineer- Automation / Manufacturing
I am currently looking to recruit a Product Safety Engineer to join my client based in Hertfordshire.
The Product Safety Engineer is responsible for ensuring automated machines, products and systems meet safety regulatory requirements appropriate to the country of use.
• Ensuring products and systems meet appropriate regulatory and standards compliance.
• Providing safety engineering guidance and support to research and development teams to ensure compliance of products before market release.
• Conducting product safety evaluations and act as product safety contact for regulatory compliance information
• Reviewing existing and emerging legislation for potential impacts and proposing compliance plans.
• Providing and maintaining product safety data including FMEA, hazard and risk logs to demonstrate continued compliance.
• Manage the compilation of technical files for global certification and regulatory compliance
• Review & approve safety related information prepared for manufacturing, end-users and service personnel (e.g. final product testing, user guides, procedures, etc.).
• Assist in the compliance planning & use of external testing services
• Review and prepare, as necessary, compliance reports to regulatory agencies and management.
• Interface and participate in site inspections from certification agencies
• Participate, as needed, in the analysis & resolution of potential field related safety issues.
• Authorise declarations of safety compliance
• Support the development and implementation of the safety management system to cover products, systems and services
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
We are looking for someone with:
• A good engineering, physics or science degree